To cut a long story short:
- Had unprotected anal sex with girlfriend
- A few days later a bad burning sensation in my penis which antibiotics reduced by 90%
- Remaining 10% which is a mild intermittent burn has remained 9+ months
- GP gave extra antibiotics including Cipro and these did not help
- Urine testing shows no infections including Mycoplasma
- A urologist has said its Chronic Prostatitis
- She prescribed Doxy and Tamsulosin for 6 weeks
- 3 weeks in and no change yet
- VERY strangely I have linked eating chocolate to making the symptoms worse.
My question is something I'm quite confused about:
The urologist has said if this does not help then they will put me under general anesthetic and "squeeze the prostate hard" and this apparently can "reboot it".
I can find nothing about this on Google. Is that a legitimate and recognised strategy?
Thanks in advance