I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Taking protien

User
Posted 14 Jul 2021 at 23:26

Hi guys , im wondering if anyone can tell me the best way to get protien into my body , im looking at protien drinks and shakes , and would like to know if anyone else has been taking such drinks ..cheers folks

User
Posted 15 Jul 2021 at 11:06

Hi Bobby1962, I can’t personally advise but hope someone who knows will respond soon.

All the best.

Ido4

User
Posted 16 Jul 2021 at 05:24

I do some cycling for exercise, and I found that on HT, I had to up my protein intake or I was burning muscle and putting on fat. (Body composition scales are useful for monitoring this while on HT.)

I increased my chicken and fish (mainly salmon) consumption. (I haven't eaten much red meat for many years.) I also like soya beans (Edamame beans), but increasing those was a disaster for sleeping, as night time turned into non-stop farting, so I continue to eat them at a low level only. They contain flavonoids which act as weak estrogens and may help reduce some of the HT side effects.

I can't say if this is the best way. It may depend why you want to consume more protein. I did try a low sugar protein drink a few times as something to take on a cycle ride, but not enough to know what effect it might have had.

Edited by member 16 Jul 2021 at 05:30  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 16 Jul 2021 at 07:22
Grass fed anything.
User
Posted 16 Jul 2021 at 10:29
hi,i take a unflavoured vegan pea protein powder just add it to whatever to up my protein.cheers.