I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Stage 4 after treatment.

User
Posted 20 Jul 2021 at 11:25

Hi Guys, I am just wondering if any has the same experience on their journey. I had radiotherapy for stage 4 a year ago.I just checked my last 2 psa scores and the result was undected both times. I am on voladex and was told it may only be effective for 2years or so. I can't have chemo because I am imunnosuppresed. Is this the cloud to rain on my parade? Has anyone experienced this? 

User
Posted 20 Jul 2021 at 11:52
Don't let the doom-mongers get you down. Although you were diagnosed with stage 4 prostate xancer, your onco has treated you as if you were stage 2 and it seems s/he is hoping that the extra RT to the public bone means that you are no longer stage 4. At some point, I assume the onco will stop the HT to see what your PSA does - or possibly they will request a repeat of the detailed scan to see whether the bone mets is still active.

Even if it turns out that you are still stage 4, we gave men here who have lived comfortably on HT for 10 or more years.

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 20 Jul 2021 at 11:56
I was stage 4 immediately after surgery sadly with lymph spread , but I’m still here 6 1/2 yrs on. I refused RT and put off any treatment till 6 months ago when I started Decapeptyl injections HT. PSA down to 4 from 990. And I’m essentially very well. Scans were showing nothing for a long time but now mets in spine and ribs and distant lymph’s. He said I could get 3 possibly 5 yrs if I took all treatments. Surely you are in a better place than me ? Are you on HT for life ? I’ve just gone 54 yrs old
User
Posted 20 Jul 2021 at 12:01

Sound advice chris we all need to be positive 👍

User
Posted 20 Jul 2021 at 17:41

Enjoy every day and never put anything off if you want to do something or try something new. Don't worry about what might happen. This cancer can be unpredictable and everyone is different. My husband had almost 10 years after diagnosis and we enjoyed life for most of that time. Life is for living x

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 20 Jul 2021 at 11:52
Don't let the doom-mongers get you down. Although you were diagnosed with stage 4 prostate xancer, your onco has treated you as if you were stage 2 and it seems s/he is hoping that the extra RT to the public bone means that you are no longer stage 4. At some point, I assume the onco will stop the HT to see what your PSA does - or possibly they will request a repeat of the detailed scan to see whether the bone mets is still active.

Even if it turns out that you are still stage 4, we gave men here who have lived comfortably on HT for 10 or more years.

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 20 Jul 2021 at 11:56
I was stage 4 immediately after surgery sadly with lymph spread , but I’m still here 6 1/2 yrs on. I refused RT and put off any treatment till 6 months ago when I started Decapeptyl injections HT. PSA down to 4 from 990. And I’m essentially very well. Scans were showing nothing for a long time but now mets in spine and ribs and distant lymph’s. He said I could get 3 possibly 5 yrs if I took all treatments. Surely you are in a better place than me ? Are you on HT for life ? I’ve just gone 54 yrs old
User
Posted 20 Jul 2021 at 12:01

Sound advice chris we all need to be positive 👍

User
Posted 20 Jul 2021 at 17:35

Really sorry to hear things are progressing, I am 71 and I was given the option of staying on zoladex for whatever period I like or stopping altogether. It is the fact that chemo is not an option for me. I am sorry at my age it must seem I have little to complain about certainly you are worse off. I hope things improve for you. I feel we have the cancer that is little spoken about. 

User
Posted 20 Jul 2021 at 17:41

Enjoy every day and never put anything off if you want to do something or try something new. Don't worry about what might happen. This cancer can be unpredictable and everyone is different. My husband had almost 10 years after diagnosis and we enjoyed life for most of that time. Life is for living x