I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

First Time...

User
Posted 26 Jul 2021 at 06:40

This is my first time on Prostate UK.  Can't believe I am Classed as a"Younger Man". First time I have been young since I was in my 20's.  I'm only 57 now.

I was diagnosed with Prostate Cancer 2 months ago (Gleason score 6-8 in one lobe and 7 in the other).

This is my 5th week on Hormones and I am finally getting around to see the Oncologist on Friday 30th July to see how long my Radiation treatment will be and possibly how long I am to be on the Hormones.

I still don't know what stage my Cancer is.  The Bone scan came back clear.

Cheers

Steve

User
Posted 26 Jul 2021 at 10:08

Hello Steve,

You'll be surprised how many "younger men" are part of the group. I was 50 when diagnosed and unfortunately and unluckily for some, they are in their 40s. On the plus side it sounds like you have a treatment plan, which will become much clearer when you see the oncologist on Friday, and your bone scan is clear. 

Good luck!

Flexi

User
Posted 26 Jul 2021 at 11:22
Sorry to hear you have joined us. Sounds like you are on a curative path though. I had surgery at 48 and am now 54 and incurable sadly. Let’s hope you beat it. Good luck
User
Posted 26 Jul 2021 at 15:44
Hi Steve,

Have you ordered (preferably) or downloaded the free comprehensive PCa ‘Toolkit’ information pack from the ‘Publications’ section of this website?

If not, I suggest you do so.

Best of luck.

Cheers, John.

User
Posted 26 Jul 2021 at 16:48

Chris,

Hopefully my treatment will work.  I know that I won't give in without a fight.

You never know, there may be a new treatment which could be perfect for you.

Cheers

Steve