I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Penis Clamps

User
Posted 06 Aug 2021 at 15:17

I would be interested to know of any experience that members have had with these devices. I use dribble stop when outside the house, eg walking, traveling, and visiting. I use DribbleStop which is quite effective (some drips) but after about 3 hours it becomes uncomfortable. Have any members used one of the many similar devices, and what was the outcome. One to avoid is PaceyCuff, its expensive, fiddly to fit and adjust--avoid it. I am convinced that an effective clamp can be designed; one of  the the necessary design features is a small raised area, or bridge on the under side of the device so that it presses underneath the penis as the urethra is closest to the underside of the Penis--this would allow blood to flow in the organ whilst applying pressure in the key area. Prostate Cancer UK has part funded research into penis clamp design at Southampton University medical school, although this appears to have started during 2018 nothing seems to have been produced--somewhat disappointing--someone needs a prod!

I am certain that it is possible to produce a far better product than those currently on the market; it needs Prostate Cancer UK, and other Cancer charities to pursue the issue. The only way to get a excellent product would be for men to be involved in testing the product.

User
Posted 06 Aug 2021 at 16:10

Not a user myself, but your 3 hours sounds a bit alarming. I thought max time to wear one was something like an hour. Also, when you next wear one, you should move where it is a bit so not always in the same place.

User
Posted 06 Aug 2021 at 17:36
This does sound rather dangerous to wear for long periods of time; if it clamps tightly enough to shut off the urethra doesn't it also restrict blood circulation?

I would have thought that a sheath system would be better for long-term wear?

Best wishes,

Chris

User
Posted 12 Aug 2021 at 17:26
Tried Dribble Stop at various times. It was OK, but was inclined to slip off or come undone. Also the pads had to be reglued several times. Probably the best of the clamps, but very expensive for what it was.
Tony

TURP then LRP in 2009/2010. Lots of leakage but PSA < 0.1 AMS-800 Artificial Sphincter activated 2015.

User
Posted 13 Aug 2021 at 13:22

Thanks for your reply Tony. I have continued to use DribbleStop, its been fairly successful, however it needs some improvement. I've been banging on about penis clamps, and in particular design features as I'm convinced that it's possible to design a produce that stops leaks, and still allows blood to circulate through part of the penis. These devices are expensive for what appears to be a small simple structure, however the high cost is driven by the fact that the market for them is small i'e there are not 10's of thousands of men wanting to buy one. I think the cheapest source for the dribblestop is "Age UK".  Please feel free to contact me if you have any comments, I'm retired and  check my e mails regularly and am happy to talk about issues around prostate Cancer

Regards

John

User
Posted 21 Sep 2023 at 09:51

Cheshire Chris -It is designed to impede the urethra, by applying pressure at the bottom of the device, but not the blood circulation.

Edited by member 21 Sep 2023 at 09:52  | Reason: Added name

User
Posted 26 Mar 2024 at 14:53
I'm amazed at the design of these penile clamps. Most have sharp edges! That means, over time, they irritate the skin by abrasion. I find they're painful after two hours!

We can design spaceships to the moon, but not good penile clamps!

User
Posted 26 Mar 2024 at 15:51

Originally Posted by: Online Community Member

We can design spaceships to the moon, but not good penile clamps!

What we need is a leaking astronaut. Dribbling must be so much worse when there's no gravity. 

I'm sure if we had a seeping spaceman, NASA would soon nip the problem in the bud. 

Edited by member 26 Mar 2024 at 16:27  | Reason: Not specified