I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Brachytherapy, pelvis aches

User
Posted 14 Aug 2021 at 10:38

It is now 8 weeks since I have had my Brachytherapy treatment, I am noticing that I get fatigued after doing any activity for about 40 minutes or so, which I think is a common side effect, however I am noticing my pelvis aches if I bend down to pick any thing up, for example I have just cut my grass and found it a struggle bending down to pick the cuttings up as I suddenly get this tightness around my pelvis, 

has anyone else experienced this?

User
Posted 14 Aug 2021 at 15:17

Hi I think you are doing well after eight weeks mowing the lawn but maybe you are trying to get going a bit early as i would think you will be very bruised and tender as i was for a long time after Brachytherpy and tiredness and fatigue are some of the after affects you will have for a little while.

I am coming up to 5 years after Brachytherpy and still feel fatigued at times but it could be my age as well at 75.

I have just had my yearly PSA blood test and hope to get the results next week that i will put on the site. If you click on my avatar you can see my journey so far.

John.

User
Posted 14 Aug 2021 at 18:09
Are you on HT? Fatigue and random muscular aches and pains are very common side-effects of HT.

Best wishes,

Chris

User
Posted 14 Aug 2021 at 19:29
No not on HT, only having to take one Alpha blocker tablet a day for urine flow.
User
Posted 14 Aug 2021 at 22:05
Which alpha blocker are you on?
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 14 Aug 2021 at 22:22
Tamsufosin