I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Arm pain - related to bone mets?

User
Posted 19 Aug 2021 at 13:37

P has been having pain down his right arm lately, which seems to be from the ulnar nerve - the one that goes round the "funnybone". We don't know what's causing it, or whether it's related to the cancer. I was looking up pain from that nerve, and it seems it can get pinched underneath the collarbone....now P has a bony met on his sternum, causing quite a lump - could this maybe extend under his collarbone and press on the nerve to the arm? I'm speculating, obviously, and we don't see the oncologist again for a couple of weeks; I just wondered if anyone on here had experienced anything similar. Thus far the oncologist has left the lump alone as it wasn't causing any symptoms....P has just had 5 days RT to the base of his spine in an effort to reduce pain from the sciatic nerve being pinched.

User
Posted 19 Aug 2021 at 22:20

Could it be tendonitus? I seemed to get this more often whilst on HT. It's easy to assume all our problems are attributable to the cancer. 

Dave

User
Posted 20 Aug 2021 at 09:37

Possibly....we just don't know. And as you say, we tend to think everything's due to the cancer. His GP has spoken to him this morning and is requesting an MRI of his neck.