I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Struggling with side effects HT

User
Posted 21 Aug 2021 at 14:06

Hi my first post. Need help I’m struggling a bit now with side effects of prostrap 3 injections. The main thing is muscle pain in my calf’s, when out walking I get stabbing pain in calf muscle and can hardly walk. When’t to Doctors got checked for blood clots ,All okay that said it’s muscular and to rest. Ok when resting,start walking it plays up again. Any thoughts 

User
Posted 22 Aug 2021 at 07:42
Get back to your GP?
User
Posted 22 Aug 2021 at 15:10
Good idea, phone call first then try to get in to Doctor !! I rang up because the heal of my right foot has gone numb, he told me my PSA results were in and were good 0.32 and see how I get on with the foot!
User
Posted 22 Aug 2021 at 15:23
He was right PSA was 79.4 . 20 session radiotherapy finished . Hormone therapy Prostrap 3 ongoing 2 year 4 months left to go ☹️ But heel just the same.
User
Posted 23 Aug 2021 at 07:20

Hi ,my OH also gets heel/ calf pain ,he’s also on prosap .his stats Were PSA 23 Gleason 4+5 spread to lymph nodes.unlike your treatment he’s was deemed incurable so was given chemo then onto stampede trial with Enzo and abi combo .His pains have been since start of treatment which was over 5.5 years ago ,but not sure if he’s got used to them or they have eased . Gary always does ankle / calf stretches before he gets out of bed Which seemes to help plus when sat down for any length of time he stretches before getting up . I suffer fom policeman’s heel and have purchased some socks from Amazon which help me .
Hope you get some relief as it can be very painful 

best wishes 

Debby

User
Posted 23 Aug 2021 at 11:23
Thank you, more information I get the better, didn’t know if it is hormone treatment or just getting old 😒

Regards

John