I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Is "the beast" starting to stir?

User
Posted 26 Aug 2021 at 12:16

Going back to last blood test and Decapeptyl in June, all was looking on track. PSA down slightly to 1.53 and Testosterone holding nice and low at 0.35.

However, after no reaction/side effect since starting HT 2 years ago, I started feeling rough within 12 hours of jab. Aches all over in joints, bones, muscles, abdomen, pretty much everywhere that might be concerning. Mentioned it to the consultant on his telephone consultation and he seemed to think it was more likely something else rather than the beast. He thought a CT could be in order just to check on things and a consult in 2 months this time.

Fast forward to August and the CT was delayed due to C19 pings and done this Tuesday, not enough time to get the Radiologist report before the telephone consult. The oncologist stressed that he's no expert, but having put both scans side by side, the only change he could identify was the probable Iliac node tumour looked slightly smaller in the latest scan. A good sign for sure.

However, PSA has climbed to 2.02 and Testosterone has risen to 0.55. He doesn't seem too concerned by the PSA rise as it has gone up and down a bit in the past, nor by the T rise as it's still below the usual effective limit. I did ask if this could be in some way connected with feeling so rough after the last Decapeptyl jab, either something with the actual dose, or the way it was prepped, or the way it was administered, but he has insufficient expertise in pharma to say for sure either way (his words not mine and refreshingly honest in my opinion). He would like another consult after the next Deca jab to see if any more side effects and update me on the radiologist report.

Keeping my fingers crossed 🤞🤞

Edited by member 26 Aug 2021 at 13:24  | Reason: Not specified

Good luck to everyone coping with the insidious big C

User
Posted 26 Aug 2021 at 17:15
Ask about concurrent Enzo there seems to be some good evidence that upfront Enzo delivers benefits.
User
Posted 26 Aug 2021 at 17:24

Cheers Jon, I think he would like to see if the PSA drops down again next month, as it has gone up and down before. I will certainly press him on Enzo/Abi should it rise again, and if the radiologist report is ok, will probably suggest another bone scan as well.

Edited by member 26 Aug 2021 at 17:26  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 28 Sep 2021 at 22:19

Well, that month seemed to pass pretty quickly.

Having had my regular Decapeptyl jab 2 weeks ago, not a sniff of any reaction or side effect this time.

Telephone consult today with a debrief on the radiologist report for the CT, no sign of anything kicking off so happy days there. Also got the latest PSA and Testosterone readings, and both on the way back down so happy days all round really. Doc says I can go back to 3 monthly test again.

Stay safe folks

User
Posted 28 Sep 2021 at 23:18
Great news
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard