Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Coping with Cabazitaxel Side effects

User
Posted 12 Sep 2021 at 14:53

Hi Folks,

My profile is up to date and on present plans will start on  6 cycles of this stuff on Wednesday.Have previously had 6 cycles of Docetaxel shortly after diagnosis 2 years ago to hold cancer back for a while.Now reached stage where above stuff few things left in cupboard to try!

Have read the 6 page A4 MacMillan guide before signing up so au fait with best and worst side effects.However from anyone who has had this treatment would appreciate feedback on how effected them and any coping strategies used  to cope with particular  side effects  that arose for them

Thank you in anticipation of  good feedback .

Kind Regards

Norm

User
Posted 13 Sep 2021 at 05:51

Hi All,

Just getting my post to top of the list. as start chemo this week .Advice urgently requested and gratefully received

Regards

Norm

User
Posted 13 Sep 2021 at 08:34
Have you spoken to the PCUK nurses, Norm? They generally have good advice to offer.

Best wishes,

Chris

User
Posted 13 Sep 2021 at 12:24

Thanks Chris,

Forgot about the nurses ! Gave them a ring and they tried to be  helpful.The only problem is they don't really seem to get that much feedback on the sort of stuff I specifically was interested in. It's really a case if you have lived through this you are better placed than talking about the therotical downside which we all know exists if you are unlucky enough to have no choice in proceeding  Hence any input from the community  please would be most welcome.Battle hardened suffers  please come forward and share how it was compared to earlier cycles of Docetaxel.

Regards

Norm

Regards

User
Posted 13 Oct 2021 at 11:32

Hi,

Just  started treatment with this chemo and moving the posting up the list to seek inputs from anyone who has had this chemo  themselves please.To date no volunteers!

Regards

Norm

User
Posted 14 Oct 2021 at 09:05
Hi Norm, had I any input to offer I would. Only the up front Docetaxyl for me so far, though as time progresses I will no doubt be following your path. The only thing I've heard anecdotally is if you coped with the docetaxyl without too many problems, you shouldn't have too many with Cabi. I kept a note of any side effects etc for each cycle so I remembered what was likely to appear and disappear on roughly what day (constipation/looseness/loss of taste etc). Good luck fella

Good luck to everyone coping with the insidious big C

User
Posted 05 Nov 2021 at 15:20
Hi Norman.

Couple of things - firstly lets get this posting back to the top of the list..

Secondly - I'll likely be following you into the parallel universe of Cabazitaxel in the not to distant future, and like you I was wondering what lies in store. I did a search through this online forum, and after a fair bit of reading came to the conclusion that, like all the other treatments, there's only one way to find out what it will be like, and that's to go there.

The stuff I read varied right across the spectrum - some people had a dreadful time of it and were taken off the treatment, either because the side effects were too awful, or it simply wasn't working. But there were just as many people who said it did work for them - they went through the whole treatment and didn't have major problems with side effects. Any significant side effects were dealt with effectively by other meds - sometimes after trying a number of alternatives. And then there were those inbetween, who got some benefit, but not as much as they hoped for, before the treatment stoped having any effect.

So I guess it's like any other med, give it a go and see what happens. Without a crystal ball you can't know how it will go, but it's worth a try - what have you got to lose. Good luck with it - hope all goes well.