I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Not eating

User
Posted 21 Sep 2021 at 15:37

Hi ya new to this so hope you could help,my husband had his second hormone implant last week for the past 6 weeks he has not been able to eat a meal food just makes him feel sick.Has any one had this problem? Start his RT next week does it get any better? 

User
Posted 21 Sep 2021 at 18:17

Hi Marylin, Sorry you are here. I had HT I did not have any side effects, other than loss of libido and the odd hot sweat. I don't think I have heard of anyone else feeling sick as a result of HT, but I guess anything is possible. If he is having RT he will have had a planning scan, it is best if his weight does not change significantly between that scan and the last dose of RT , as if it does his prostate may change position and the RT won't be aimed as well as it could be. Consult your oncologist if you think this may be a problem.

If you can put details in to your profile such as PSA, Gleason, TNM , age. It will help members guess what may be happening.  

Dave

User
Posted 24 Sep 2021 at 17:04

Ask for a prescription for anti-sickness tablets. There are a few available so if one doesn’t work there are alternatives