I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Olaparib again!

User
Posted 10 Oct 2021 at 00:40

I posted previously about olaparib but unsure if adding to that will show up as new. Anyway if you are blessed with BRCA I think olaparib can now be prescribed as normal treatment.

Recent meeting with Oncology, I was informed that this targeted treatment is showing positive eg their research shows PC patients have been on this for couple of years and still going strong.

I was on Arbiterone for about 3 months and although it kept things a bay ie wasn't needing to visit the bog every 5 mins (lol the joys) it didn't stop a tumour growing. 10 radiation sessions later, that worked and that was when I was put on Olaparib. The tumor has not returned and the cancer has not progressed. I had problems with dexamethasone as was on that for over a year. It helped to minimise pain etc but it's made me obese. Off that now but adrenal glands are in a bad way. A small improvement was seen though at my last blood test for adrenal production. So please don't get caught out taking steroids for a long time and discuss with oncology on a regular basis about these drugs. 

I was also informed that if olaparib stopped working, the BCRA/cancer issue can be addressed using a different drug in chemo

I have had treatment that has not worked but new things have been prescribed that has helped me greatly. Things progress and I feel treatment is getting more and more advanced. 

Hope this was a decent enough update on olaparib but please ask if there's anything 😊👍