Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

The telephone call I did not want

User
Posted 13 Oct 2021 at 15:19

Hi All

Just received a call from my urology department bringing forward my appointment to tomorrow, I suspect the biopsy and bone scan results are back. Can only be bad news and trying to keep positive and moving away from the denial of it all into realism but it so hard.

Steve 

User
Posted 13 Oct 2021 at 15:34
Come back to us with your results when you get them, and we can be of more help.

You might want to record the consultation so you donโ€™t miss anything.

Best of luck.

Cheers, John.

User
Posted 13 Oct 2021 at 15:42

Hi Steve,

Good luck.   I got a phone call to come in immediately after my biopsy results came out, although it was on the 2 week limit and I'd not had an MRI or bone scan. 

It was positive but I wouldn't take that as a definite in all cases.   I especially wouldn't take it the bone scan result was positive.   I can guess you're worried as you say.

Such a large prostate can often be benign.  There isn't a particular link with PCa and a very large prostate.

The advice I once got was to take each step at a time and not get ahead of yourself.   The imagination is often worse than the event.  Easier to say though.

Good luck
Peter

User
Posted 13 Oct 2021 at 16:03

They found someone who can read tea bags. Good luck

Dave

User
Posted 13 Oct 2021 at 16:12

Sending our best wishes for favourable results.

User
Posted 14 Oct 2021 at 02:16

Best of luck Steve, keep us posted. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿฝ

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 13 Oct 2021 at 15:34
Come back to us with your results when you get them, and we can be of more help.

You might want to record the consultation so you donโ€™t miss anything.

Best of luck.

Cheers, John.

User
Posted 13 Oct 2021 at 15:42

Hi Steve,

Good luck.   I got a phone call to come in immediately after my biopsy results came out, although it was on the 2 week limit and I'd not had an MRI or bone scan. 

It was positive but I wouldn't take that as a definite in all cases.   I especially wouldn't take it the bone scan result was positive.   I can guess you're worried as you say.

Such a large prostate can often be benign.  There isn't a particular link with PCa and a very large prostate.

The advice I once got was to take each step at a time and not get ahead of yourself.   The imagination is often worse than the event.  Easier to say though.

Good luck
Peter

User
Posted 13 Oct 2021 at 16:03

They found someone who can read tea bags. Good luck

Dave

User
Posted 13 Oct 2021 at 16:12

Sending our best wishes for favourable results.

User
Posted 13 Oct 2021 at 17:32

Thank you all, I will let you know the outcome.

Steve

User
Posted 14 Oct 2021 at 02:16

Best of luck Steve, keep us posted. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿฝ