I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Just had my consultaion

User
Posted 14 Oct 2021 at 13:19

After a very nervous few days, flowing my appointment being brought forward, I have had my results.

I have aggressive prostrate T3B and a Gleason score of 10. However, the good news it has not spread and so curable. I have immediately been put on hormone tablets with injections to follow. Once the prostrate has shrunk I will have radio therapy at Sheffield.

User
Posted 14 Oct 2021 at 14:58
Great news, Steve! Very, very wise to go for RT; surgery would be very unlikely to be successful with your diagnosis. I too had a PSA in the 30s and it was a huge relief being told that it hadn't spread and that I'd be treated with curable intent. Of course there are no guarantees that it will be a "cure", but you're on the right treatment path now.

I found the whole HT/RT experience very tolerable. I do hope your treatment goes well.

Best wishes,

Chris

User
Posted 14 Oct 2021 at 16:36
I have similar results to you, but I am about 2 months in front of you.

I am (PSA 47), T3AN0M0 with a Gleason score of 9, like you, It has not spread in a measurable way. I have had no real problems with the hormone treatment yet, I get the occasional hot flush for a minute. I am pencilled in for a TURP this month which I am not looking forward too particularly, but needs must.

I hope your treatment goes well and life will carry on as normal.

Best wishes and fingers crossed,

Steve.

User
Posted 14 Oct 2021 at 17:09

I was pretty similar to you T3N0M0 G9 PSA 25. I had HT, HDR Brachy and EBRT. Is anyone mentioning HDR Brachy to you? I like the fact it gives a high dose to the prostate, and the EBRT hopefully captures anything else in the near vicinity. 

Dave

User
Posted 14 Oct 2021 at 17:41

Great news Steve, glad there is no sign of spread. Hopefully you will be able to get on with your treatment very soon. Best of luck with everything 👍🏽

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 14 Oct 2021 at 14:58
Great news, Steve! Very, very wise to go for RT; surgery would be very unlikely to be successful with your diagnosis. I too had a PSA in the 30s and it was a huge relief being told that it hadn't spread and that I'd be treated with curable intent. Of course there are no guarantees that it will be a "cure", but you're on the right treatment path now.

I found the whole HT/RT experience very tolerable. I do hope your treatment goes well.

Best wishes,

Chris

User
Posted 14 Oct 2021 at 16:36
I have similar results to you, but I am about 2 months in front of you.

I am (PSA 47), T3AN0M0 with a Gleason score of 9, like you, It has not spread in a measurable way. I have had no real problems with the hormone treatment yet, I get the occasional hot flush for a minute. I am pencilled in for a TURP this month which I am not looking forward too particularly, but needs must.

I hope your treatment goes well and life will carry on as normal.

Best wishes and fingers crossed,

Steve.

User
Posted 14 Oct 2021 at 17:09

I was pretty similar to you T3N0M0 G9 PSA 25. I had HT, HDR Brachy and EBRT. Is anyone mentioning HDR Brachy to you? I like the fact it gives a high dose to the prostate, and the EBRT hopefully captures anything else in the near vicinity. 

Dave

User
Posted 14 Oct 2021 at 17:41

Great news Steve, glad there is no sign of spread. Hopefully you will be able to get on with your treatment very soon. Best of luck with everything 👍🏽