Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Help with Travel insurance

User
Posted 18 Oct 2021 at 16:27

Hi there 

my dad has advanced prostate cancer - he wants to get away for a few days in Dec but is having difficulty to get travel insurance - can anyone recommend an insurer ? 
many thanks 

hayley 

User
Posted 18 Oct 2021 at 22:33

I got my husband insured with Battleface for his recent golf trip and it wasn’t expensive, however, he wasn’t covered for anything pre existing. We took the chance as he hasn’t had any symptoms with PC so far and has only recently started HT. I think there are some other posts on here if you search travel insurance. Hope you get sorted 

User
Posted 19 Oct 2021 at 08:14
Unless there are likely to be medical issues directly resulting from the cancer, the cheapest option will be to exclude cancer from the cover. Most insurers will do this, and he should then be able to get cover for normal prices.

Best wishes,

Chris

User
Posted 19 Oct 2021 at 11:18

We've got a Nationwide flexplus worldwide cover like others on here and I've previously paid a one off payment of £115 on top of the £13 a month we pay Nationwide.
Last year because we had no trips booked I declined the renewal. We're off to Lanzarote next week so I've tried to resurrect my medical upgrade, unfortunately they've refused my upgrade even though my PSA remains undetectable and I'm feeling considerably fitter than I was 3 years ago when they covered the PCA.
I'll either get a one trip policy off some scheisters or travel on Nationwide policy with PCA excluded.

Edited to add Saga have quoted me £1950 to cover the 12 night trip😂 thanks but no thanks.

Edited by member 19 Oct 2021 at 11:34  | Reason: Updated