I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Fatigue incontinence

User
Posted 24 Oct 2021 at 23:39

Is it common to suffer from fatigue before any treatment, I'm waiting for RARP after diagnosis Gleason score 6, T1 contained in prostate, 4 PSA tests consistent at 20 + suffering incontinence and fatigue

Brian

User
Posted 25 Oct 2021 at 00:09

This is unlikely to be a direct effect of the cancer G6 T1 is not likely to be troublesome. Anxiety could be upsetting your sleep, with a knock on effect of fatigue. I'm a bit surprised at incontinence.

Did you have any symptoms before diagnosis?

Dave

User
Posted 25 Oct 2021 at 08:56
Are you in the UK? G6 and T1 sounds like a candidate for active surveillance not prostatectomy (RP)? What about MRI results is that what is driving the RP?

The high PSA needs an explanation but this could be prostatitis? You said you had a UTI recently?
User
Posted 25 Oct 2021 at 11:21

I just typed "fatigue uti" in to Google. I seemed to remember there was a link, and there is.

I think this is a more likely cause than anything to do with the cancer.

Dave

User
Posted 25 Oct 2021 at 19:34
I wonder if you also have an enlarged prostate? That is a more likely cause of urge incontinence or urinary frequency, a T1 would be too small to affect your bladder function.

Urinary frequency at night time can severely disrupt your sleep quality, leading to fatigue. Chronic infection can also cause fatigue and, as Dave says above, being told you have cancer can leave you feeling exhausted
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard
Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 25 Oct 2021 at 00:09

This is unlikely to be a direct effect of the cancer G6 T1 is not likely to be troublesome. Anxiety could be upsetting your sleep, with a knock on effect of fatigue. I'm a bit surprised at incontinence.

Did you have any symptoms before diagnosis?

Dave

User
Posted 25 Oct 2021 at 00:19

Worked Nightshift for years so put incontinence down to shift work, suffered UTI prior to diagnosis this is when first PSA test was taken, the rest of tests and procedures followed pretty quickly

Brian

User
Posted 25 Oct 2021 at 08:56
Are you in the UK? G6 and T1 sounds like a candidate for active surveillance not prostatectomy (RP)? What about MRI results is that what is driving the RP?

The high PSA needs an explanation but this could be prostatitis? You said you had a UTI recently?
User
Posted 25 Oct 2021 at 10:10

Yes I'm in UK, I was give all the different treatment options, surveillance was never option for me, UTI was what made me go to Dr in first place had first PSA 2 weeks later >20 another 3 tests over 3 months all >20, I'm only curious about the fatigue and frequently urinating, is this common?

Brian

User
Posted 25 Oct 2021 at 11:21

I just typed "fatigue uti" in to Google. I seemed to remember there was a link, and there is.

I think this is a more likely cause than anything to do with the cancer.

Dave

User
Posted 25 Oct 2021 at 19:34
I wonder if you also have an enlarged prostate? That is a more likely cause of urge incontinence or urinary frequency, a T1 would be too small to affect your bladder function.

Urinary frequency at night time can severely disrupt your sleep quality, leading to fatigue. Chronic infection can also cause fatigue and, as Dave says above, being told you have cancer can leave you feeling exhausted
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard
User
Posted 25 Oct 2021 at 20:11

Was told prostate is slightly enlarged I suppose it depends how much, think this is possibly cause, up 3 -4 times a night so certainly not good sleep quality this was not noticeable before because of shift work just put it down to body clock 

Brian

User
Posted 18 Dec 2021 at 13:06

Not sure I understand all the initials but I had an enlarged prostate turp's trim 5 months ago, which improved my flow and emptying my bladder, but I have ongoing intermittent constipation.

I also got a cancer diagnosis described as Gleason 3+4 from the trim, which I hope to be getting an MRI on.

I'm interested in whether the constipation, which i don't usually suffer from, could be from nerve messages interfered with during the op, from my emotional tension at the cancer diagnosis, or something else? I feel it is certainly linked to the op in some way as it feels ever present in some minor or major way.   

I've not had any acknowledgement of this other than more immediately after the op.   

Any thoughts welcome