Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Better news for me

User
Posted 30 Oct 2021 at 06:53

Well for me good news.

PSA down to 0.7 and oncologist happy with my progress, my last Degarelix injection was only sore for a day and just had a good nights sleep. My radiotherapy planning appointment is booked for 19th November with the treatments to start on the 8th December, unfortunately will be running over Christmas but thats a minor point.

Then the long haul (hopefully) starts

A happy Keith 

User
Posted 31 Oct 2021 at 21:25

I had RT last Dec/Jan. Honestly much easier than I thought. Good luck.

Jim

User
Posted 30 Oct 2021 at 12:06

That’s good news Keith. All the best for RT planning scan and RT in December/January.

Ido4

User
Posted 30 Oct 2021 at 20:07

good luck with your treatment Kieth.   gaz

User
Posted 09 Nov 2021 at 17:02
I guess you will be half way through radiation treatment by end-year so the effects (if any) may not be that debilitating. I am now 2 weeks past last fraction, and after feeling wretched for 11 days I am feeling much better and walking 4 to 5 km a day.
User
Posted 10 Nov 2021 at 16:08
Keith

Good news indeed. I'm about a month behind you on the RT journey so I'll be following your updates during that time.

Best of luck

chris

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 30 Oct 2021 at 12:06

That’s good news Keith. All the best for RT planning scan and RT in December/January.

Ido4

User
Posted 30 Oct 2021 at 20:07

good luck with your treatment Kieth.   gaz

User
Posted 31 Oct 2021 at 21:25

I had RT last Dec/Jan. Honestly much easier than I thought. Good luck.

Jim

User
Posted 09 Nov 2021 at 09:37

Always nice to hear good news 👍🏻

User
Posted 09 Nov 2021 at 15:58
It might not be much but every little helps
User
Posted 09 Nov 2021 at 17:02
I guess you will be half way through radiation treatment by end-year so the effects (if any) may not be that debilitating. I am now 2 weeks past last fraction, and after feeling wretched for 11 days I am feeling much better and walking 4 to 5 km a day.
User
Posted 09 Nov 2021 at 17:15
Cayambe

Thats good to hear, pleased it went ok for you. I was hoping its not too bad over christmas but i can use it as an excuse to get out of christmas washing-up.

User
Posted 10 Nov 2021 at 16:08
Keith

Good news indeed. I'm about a month behind you on the RT journey so I'll be following your updates during that time.

Best of luck

chris

User
Posted 08 Dec 2021 at 16:22
Latest update, my daughter caught covid from a patient on her ward so the family had to isolate and get PCA tests, I am negative but oncology team has postponed my radiotherapy just to be sure so I am now starting my radiotherapy on the 22nd December. Boo hiss!!
User
Posted 08 Dec 2021 at 19:57

That’s disappointing for you. How are they planning things around the festivities? I had a long weekend off treatment at Easter 2017 because of holidays. 

Edited by member 08 Dec 2021 at 20:00  | Reason: Adding a word or two

Ido4

User
Posted 08 Dec 2021 at 20:08

As far as I know at the moment it will be every week day

User
Posted 08 Dec 2021 at 20:47

That is very annoying for you. With Christmas falling on a weekend hopefully they will treat you on the two bank holidays, RT needs to be consistent. I don't know what would happen if you caught COVID in the middle of RT, discontinuing RT would be a bad idea. Hopefully you are triple jabbed, so catching it is less likely. I guess you will have to be careful for the duration of treatment, not go in full lockdown, but be careful.

Dave

User
Posted 08 Dec 2021 at 21:12

I think thats why they are putting it off til then they also want me to be tested on the Monday before i start