I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Trying to help brad

User
Posted 07 Nov 2021 at 07:34

met brad at a training course last week he mentioned to me he had treatment last year for prostate cancer similar to me he was gleeson 9 but had a PSA off 45 where mine was 24.9 he had 33 rounds off radiotherapy and was on hormone therapy for 3years against my 2  but said even though his PSA was stable at 0.6 he still had pain around the treatment area and his flow at night is still slow but ok in the day is this a normal feature or does he need to see onco again he hates hospitals and is reluctant to go back  🙄

User
Posted 07 Nov 2021 at 09:26
Hi gaz, what treatment did brad have and is he now finished his hormone therapy?

Just on the pain issue alone I'd say yes, he should get medical advice.

Jules

User
Posted 07 Nov 2021 at 16:37

Thanks he had 37 sessions off radiotherapy and is still on hormone therapy his pain is in his anal area said to me it's been painful since finishing radiotherapy last year his PSA was 0.06 🤔

User
Posted 07 Nov 2021 at 17:05
If he's got a burning sensation inside the back passage that's probably radiation proctitis. I had it myself after my RT. In my case it would last a few days and then fade away. The interval between spells of it gradually got longer and longer and eventually it stopped happening, but it took a good year to do so. If it's an issue for him there are treatments available.

Best wishes,

Chris

User
Posted 07 Nov 2021 at 17:33

Thanks Chris will inform  him good to have all this knowledge on site 👍