I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

ED is a nightmare

User
Posted 07 Nov 2021 at 19:51

I am a type 1 diabetic and have ED that’s getting me on a low most days tried a lot off meds works and doesn’t work now on alprostadil injections anyone else take these meds 

User
Posted 07 Nov 2021 at 19:51

I am a type 1 diabetic and have ED that’s getting me on a low most days tried a lot off meds works and doesn’t work now on alprostadil injections anyone else take these meds 

User
Posted 11 Nov 2021 at 12:49

I don't know if this is helpful in your case, as I know nothing about Ed and diabetes but if you can get any erection, we found that the use of cock rings helped to keep it for a while.

Also relaxing as much as you can so that it doesn't become a major issue for you.

Some men achieve pleasure even if they can't manage as they used to.

I hope others have ideas for you. 

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 07 Nov 2021 at 23:27

Hi Jimmy.

At 45 you're a younger case and you haven't written much in your profile.  Sometimes the profile helps people offer advice.

There are a few on here who use various ED treatments. Hopefully someone may advise.  Have you tried an ED clinic via the doctor.  There are pumps as well.

Regards

User
Posted 07 Nov 2021 at 23:50
Hi Jimmy, do you have ED as a result of prostate cancer treatment as well as diabetes?
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 10 Nov 2021 at 12:53

Hi, all the usual meds  sildenafil etc stopped working for me. I was prescribed Muse 6 months ago but has been out of stock since then and is expected to be with the supplier in January. I am hoping it works. I am there is self injection that works, I can't have that as I am on warfarin. 

User
Posted 11 Nov 2021 at 12:49

I don't know if this is helpful in your case, as I know nothing about Ed and diabetes but if you can get any erection, we found that the use of cock rings helped to keep it for a while.

Also relaxing as much as you can so that it doesn't become a major issue for you.

I hope others have ideas for you. 

User
Posted 19 Nov 2021 at 09:08

Originally Posted by: Online Community Member

As a man I can confirm the use of cock rings is amazingly helpful when "chubby" semi-erect. The soft squishy type of ring seems to allow fresh blood in, but helps retain it and so builds more firmness. I learned a lot about this from other members of this forum.

On the question of achieving pleasure even when it is not the same as what we were used to - YES!! This has been the biggest gift for me of both prostate cancer and ED. It has got me and my partner to be WAY more versatile and inventive. I've written about some aspects of this online, for example https://www.recoveringman.net/day-115-awkwardness-and-love-intertwining/

I found your advice to about relaxing crucial - and difficult to adhere to, hence the awkwardness.