I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

INVITATION TO PARTICIPATE IN RESEARCH Are you a man who loves/is attracted to/has sex with men?

User
Posted 08 Nov 2021 at 11:34

INVITATION TO PARTICIPATE IN RESEARCH

Are you a man who loves/is attracted to/has sex with men?

Have you ever been diagnosed with cancer?

IF SO, WE WOULD LIKE TO HEAR FROM YOU!

We know that cancer and its treatment can significantly impact on a person’s sexuality, resulting in changes to sexual function, intimate relationships, and self-esteem. People from sexual minorities often have to cope with these changes whilst navigating heteronormative healthcare settings. This study aims to explore how queer men experience sexuality and intimacy in the context of cancer and explore how healthcare settings can better meet their needs.

WHAT WOULD TAKING PART INVOLVE?

Taking part involves a 121 interview with Hannah, the researcher, either by video or telephone call, lasting up to 1 hour. You will be asked about your experiences of having cancer and the impact it has had on your sex life and intimate relationships. It is a chance for you to share your experiences in a confidential and non-judgemental space. All information will be kept anonymous.

WHO CAN TAKE PART?

You must be over the age of 18, identify as a man who loves/is attracted to/has sex with men, have been diagnosed with any cancer type, be in remission, and completed any treatment six months ago.

INTERESTED?

Please email Hannah Ward at u1945541@uel.ac.uk by 10th December 2021.

This study forms part of my Doctorate in Clinical Psychology. Ethical approval has been granted by the University of East London School of Psychology Research and Ethics Committee.

User
Posted 08 Nov 2021 at 16:24
Attracted to sex with men?

Having had a prostatectomy, with subsequent total erectile dysfunction in what’s left of a micro-penis, sex with any gender is not at all likely…

Moreover, my G-spot ended up with the rest of my prostate in the path lab at the Royal Surrey County Hospital’s medical waste bin.

Best of luck with your survey. 😉

Cheers, John.