I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

CT results

User
Posted 17 Nov 2021 at 07:44

Hi Tony saw the Oncologist before his CT scan and did say that 5 years was the prognosis when we questioned further treatment avenues, we know Tony has been lucky and attribute that to Abiraterone

The results from the CT done at Nuffield Hospital are as follows 

Scelerotic deposit right side T9; insufficiency fractures of superior end T12 &;L1 and possible superior end plate L4. 

Forwarded this on to oncology and eventually last week oncology nurse rang to say she had good news Consultant arranged for a PET scan at Birmingham, not got appointment yet.

Really upset about the progression of the disease, the only metastases for 13 year was in the Rt hip, not been seen for 2 years only telephone appointments by the Oncology Nurse who said on one occasion the pain in his right side was possibly cramp and to help with household chores, good exercise. In October 2019 promised further Radiotherapy on the hip after Radiotherapy to the Prostate in 2019 but this did not happen, only the 12 weekly phone appointments, they would do nothing until PSA was 4

PSA 5.7 GGT 89 any advice please 

User
Posted 18 Nov 2021 at 00:20

Hi Jeanette,

I’m sorry I’m not qualified to help you here, but hopefully someone more knowledgeable will reply soon.

Sorry to hear about further mets. Really hope you can get the PSMA pet scan appointment soon and get a future treatment plan in place.

Best of luck 

User
Posted 18 Nov 2021 at 15:17

Hi Jeanette,

I'm sorry to read your story and am replying mainly to stop it going down the list and off the page without any advice.

Is there no word about the Radiotherapy.  Was it targeted at the bones affected?  It sounds like a good option if he hasn't already had the full allowable dose.   A scan seems a good option before any radiotherapy though.

There are other sorts of scans and targeted treatments but I'm not well up on them.   Old Barry is the usual scan and targeted treatment commenter, if you did a search on his posts.

As you say he's done well and is encouragement for all in a similar position.  Another 5 years sounds fairly reasonable at his age even assuming his health is good.  I hope it works out better.  Peter