I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Viridal Duo V Caverject

User
Posted 17 Nov 2021 at 16:17

Hi There, My name is John.. i am looking for some advice on the use of alprostadil injections.

I had a successful RP robotic non nerve sparing surgery 18 months ago. After coming to terms that there was no more communication between small John and my brain anymore i started to look at my options.

I was prescribed Viridal Duo after the horror of having a painful needle stuck into Small John low and behold i had my Proud Erection back, all be it for far tooo long, so my wife and i tried again this time we only used half the injection you guessed it half an erection.

So we tried again, this time i managed to please my Darling wife lasted around an hour and a good time was had by all, the next time my erection lasted for almost four hours not good but after drinking plenty water and walking around the house with frozen pees in my underwear small John went back to normal thankfully. 

Last week i picked up my prescription not viridal due this time Caverject well my wife is district nurse and she said it was the same stuff Pfizer version, pain full to say the least, and another four hour episode...Help required please.... whats the Invicorp injection ? 

Any advice would be great...... Thanks in advance John and Alison

User
Posted 03 Jan 2024 at 15:31

I was started on Caverject and was injecting 20mg for an erection that lasted about an hour. I was happy with that. Then Caverject became unavailable for some reason over here in the UK and I have been put on Viridal Duo. I was advised to take 40 but that did nothing and I am up to 75 and it still doesn't have the effect that Caverject had. I can't wait until it becomes available again over here. I find no problems with the injections - the only problem I have is that after the erection disappears I get pain in the testicle on the side I made the injection - although that subsides after about an hour.

User
Posted 17 Nov 2021 at 22:56
Start with the minimum dose and have a backup plan (use your imagination!) To minimise any disappointment.

If it doesn't work increase the dose next time until you get a consistent response.

Other variables are your injection technique, you can "feel" from the syringe back pressure (lack of) when it's in the right place. If it's in the right place a smaller dose will be more effective.

Use a pump regularly too, maybe have it as a backup plan.

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 17 Nov 2021 at 18:25

JWJ 

Use the search box above and look for decongestant, it is frequently mentioned as a antidote for erections that won't go down. Obviously you should take medicinal advice before taking meds.👍

Thanks Chris

User
Posted 17 Nov 2021 at 19:44

Hi John, 

I started with Viridal Duo and now use Caverject, but never needed more than 2.5 mcg to get an hour of fun. I found it a little painful in the early days but not so much now. The new Caverject syringe seems a little clunky but the required dose can be pre selected rather than doing it by eye.

How much are you using?

Kev.

Edited by member 17 Nov 2021 at 19:52  | Reason: Typo

User
Posted 17 Nov 2021 at 19:53
When an erection reaches 4 hours, you should really be going straight to A&E. Did the nurse or doctor give you a letter to show at A&E in that situation? And NICE guidance is that once you have had an erection lasting more than 4 hours, the prescription should be withdrawn.

No point changing to invicorp; there has been a national shortage for most of this year.

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 17 Nov 2021 at 20:14

Thanks Chris,  Sudafed i believe is one of the meds mentioned... thank you for your reply. 

Best Regards John

User
Posted 17 Nov 2021 at 20:25

Hi Kev, thanks for your reply,   we used 5mcg of cavaject last time round with prolonged erection thats half the amount prescribed. we cant quite understand why sometimes 10mcg of viridal duo gives an hour give or take a little. but on occasion it lasts for hours. It just seems so very variable and the last thing i want is to rock up to A&E with a bonner from hell.  As i said my wife is a district prescribing nurse so hopefully i am in good hands excuse the pun.

Best regards John & Alison 

User
Posted 17 Nov 2021 at 20:41

Thanks for your reply.

Thanks for the info, we are well aware of Priapism, we just do not understand the varied outcomes and do not want another prolonged episode. 

We have tried 2.5 5.0 and 10 mcgs all with varied outcomes . 10 was prescribed.

Thank you for your reply  John & Alison

User
Posted 17 Nov 2021 at 22:56
Start with the minimum dose and have a backup plan (use your imagination!) To minimise any disappointment.

If it doesn't work increase the dose next time until you get a consistent response.

Other variables are your injection technique, you can "feel" from the syringe back pressure (lack of) when it's in the right place. If it's in the right place a smaller dose will be more effective.

Use a pump regularly too, maybe have it as a backup plan.

User
Posted 18 Nov 2021 at 14:34

Thank you for your reply, we have tried varying the dose, and i also use a pump to be honest not as regular i should.

It  has been a steep learning curve using the injections, we will continue using a lower dose until we get it right.

Thanks again John & Alison

User
Posted 03 Jan 2024 at 15:31

I was started on Caverject and was injecting 20mg for an erection that lasted about an hour. I was happy with that. Then Caverject became unavailable for some reason over here in the UK and I have been put on Viridal Duo. I was advised to take 40 but that did nothing and I am up to 75 and it still doesn't have the effect that Caverject had. I can't wait until it becomes available again over here. I find no problems with the injections - the only problem I have is that after the erection disappears I get pain in the testicle on the side I made the injection - although that subsides after about an hour.