I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Lump Found on prostate

User
Posted 21 Nov 2021 at 14:03

Hi, new here just wanted to see if i am right to be worried.

51 yrs old and have had prostatitis for years (since 34) had various treatments including prostate massage under general anesthetic as it was too painful, well excruciating if I'm honest couldn't even be examined. was hospitalised for an infection that was tracking from bladder to my kidneys. I have been checked for prostate problems since then. But I caught Covid in July of this year and was extremely ill with a 10kg weight loss, and I'm also a type 1 diabetic. this has led me to start with symptoms of prostatitis again, weeing a lot, general pain in my bladder, the usual sort of thing. But I also have a strange fluttering or pulsing sensation from where my prostate is, I developed leaking from my penis, a sort of clear fluid that some days seems to just pour from me. 

I went to the GP's to request some antibiotics as I felt I was at the stage of needing it treayed, she decided to do the examination as it had been a while and discovered a lump at the six o clock position, which was a very painful part of the exam, it's normally just uncomfortable, then I began experiencing spasms which weren't fun and nearly pee'd myself. I have began with frequent urination with flow that is not as strong as normal and having what I call run off afterwards (dribbling) which I've never had with prostatitis. The GP did mention that the prostate was a bit firm too. I am scheduled to have a PSA test done as it wasn't done at the time, urine is clear for infections, but that means nothing much for prostatitis as when I was in hospital with it everything was clear until it nearly hit my kidneys. my question is, should I be worried or am I over reacting? I am working on the presumption that it is a nodule or as the GP said a polyp on the prostate, but I have been referred to the Urologists again to begin the ball rolling. I'm not sure if I should go with my works private medical or wait for the results of my PSA test and go from there. 

apologies for rambling at you all. 

User
Posted 21 Nov 2021 at 14:25

You do need to be checked out, but prostate cancer isn't normally painful at all.

You need to be clear of prostatitis and UTI's for the PSA test to be reliable.

User
Posted 22 Nov 2021 at 00:47
Avoid your GP for this problem and get referred to a Consultant Urologist.

If you have health insurance you can probably see one within the next ten days!

Best of luck.

Cheers, John.

User
Posted 22 Nov 2021 at 07:37

At the age of fifty I was having the terminal dribbling problem, I never did anything about it just put it down to getting older. At 62 by chance i was diagnosed with prostate cancer. 

As advised get it checked out, 

Thanks Chris

Edited by member 22 Nov 2021 at 12:45  | Reason: Missing word

User
Posted 23 Nov 2021 at 12:45
I have a urgent referral to the urologist in the next 10 days, so I am holding off from going private medical until I know what is said at the NHS appointment. Hopefully it will just be something simple. thanks for the advise and taking the time to read this.