Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Run the Month: Marathon Edition

User
Posted 23 Nov 2021 at 17:20

Run the Month: Marathon Edition

What is it? A virtual challenge for runners of all abilities. People can sign up to run, jog, walk or wheel 26.2 miles over the month of January, and raise money to help beat prostate cancer.

How do I take part? You can run up your 26.2 miles however you want:

• Break it down into shorter daily runs and take it a mile at a time.
  • Have a few breaks between longer runs.
  • Save up your 26.2 miles to take on a full marathon on one day!
  • Take part individually or run with friends, family or colleagues in a team to add your miles together.

How can I sign up? On our website at runthemonthme.prostatecanceruk.org. Once you sign up, we’ll send you a free t shirt to wear proudly on your runs! If you have any questions about taking part, you can email the team at runthemonth@prostatecanceruk.org.

Why should I take part?

• Every mile you reach and every pound you raise will help fund vital research and support services for dads, grandads, partners, brothers, sons, uncles and mates.
  • Exercise can help lift your mood and improve your mental wellbeing – especially during those long winter months!
  • We’ll be on hand to support you at every mile, with running tips and fundraising ideas.
  • We also have a fantastic community of runners that you can join to share stories, tips and training.

How can I spread the word? Tell your friends, family and colleagues all about Run the Month: Marathon Edition and encourage them to join in! Every penny counts towards a brighter future for men affected by prostate cancer, but we need their help to make it happen.

You can find more information on our Frequently Asked Questions page.

User
Posted 23 Nov 2022 at 09:09

Doing it!!

User
Posted 05 Jan 2023 at 00:14

I'm taking part and have already raised over £800.

I'm post op, having had prostatectomy on 8 December. Only able to walk but comfortably managing 2 miles in one walk per day. 

Edited by member 01 Feb 2023 at 00:34  | Reason: Misspell

User
Posted 31 Jan 2023 at 19:21

Walked 175 miles; did a marathon in a day; raised almost £1,300; made some new friends. Off to Marrakech for a break next week, then back to mentally prep for an end of Feb PSA, 21 months post-op. Lets see where that is after the 0.08 at end of November.