I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

It's worth presevering

User
Posted 28 Nov 2021 at 15:08

It's a little over a year since I had a robotic prostatectomy with nerve sparing on one side only at the age of 67. I have been using Sildenafil and a penis pump/ring with some success and am fortunate to have a patient and supportive wife as she is nearly a decade younger than me.

Today, I made a giant step forward - we had full penetrative sex without the use of the pump or a ring (50mg of Sildenafil only) for the first time since my op. I had thought this was something that would always be beyond me because that side of our relationship had been diminishing over the previous couple of years anyway.

In fact, that was the reason I sought medical help which led to the diagnosis of my prostate cancer. Initially, the GP sent me packing with a prescription for Sildenafil. My wife, who is a nurse, sent me straight back again for a PSA test.

It's probably a coincidence, but I started taking the supplement Tru Niagen three days ago. This was a recommendation from an online acquaintance. I think it's far too soon for that to have made any difference, but will carry on taking it with an open mind.

User
Posted 28 Nov 2021 at 15:08

It's a little over a year since I had a robotic prostatectomy with nerve sparing on one side only at the age of 67. I have been using Sildenafil and a penis pump/ring with some success and am fortunate to have a patient and supportive wife as she is nearly a decade younger than me.

Today, I made a giant step forward - we had full penetrative sex without the use of the pump or a ring (50mg of Sildenafil only) for the first time since my op. I had thought this was something that would always be beyond me because that side of our relationship had been diminishing over the previous couple of years anyway.

In fact, that was the reason I sought medical help which led to the diagnosis of my prostate cancer. Initially, the GP sent me packing with a prescription for Sildenafil. My wife, who is a nurse, sent me straight back again for a PSA test.

It's probably a coincidence, but I started taking the supplement Tru Niagen three days ago. This was a recommendation from an online acquaintance. I think it's far too soon for that to have made any difference, but will carry on taking it with an open mind.

User
Posted 28 Nov 2021 at 23:06

Good news.πŸš€πŸŽ‡πŸΎπŸŽˆπŸ₯‡πŸš€.....πŸ€”πŸ€°?

Dave

User
Posted 29 Nov 2021 at 00:42
Brilliant news
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 28 Nov 2021 at 23:06

Good news.πŸš€πŸŽ‡πŸΎπŸŽˆπŸ₯‡πŸš€.....πŸ€”πŸ€°?

Dave

User
Posted 29 Nov 2021 at 00:42
Brilliant news
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard