Just an update after my husband had his EBUS (lung) biopsy. We received a call 6 days after the procedure to meet with the respiratory specialist the next day, which was last Wednesday. We were hopeful that it would lead to finally receiving a diagnosis and treatment plan.
We attended the meeting to be informed that they only biopsied the affected lymph nodes in the lung/chest area and not the lesion! This confirmed the results of the previousq PET scan that cancer was present. Unfortunately the samples were not good enough to identify if it was prostate or lung cancer so another PET scan with a different contrast has been requested to confirm the type of cancer.
It's so frustrating and worrying that it is delaying any treatment plan.
We hope the PET scan happens within 2 weeks and shows exactly what cancer is in the lungs. At least the enzauldamide has reduced his psa to 4.3 so heading in the right direction.
We have a holiday booked for the 13th May to Eurpoe, so it's going to be tight to decide if we need to postpone it. We have no travel insured for Karl as it expired 2 years ago when the holiday was booked to take place.
I now need to attempt to gain insurance whilst he is under investigation., any insurance advice would be greatly appreciated. I did believe we would have had a diagnosis by now to have bought the holiday insurance :(