I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

different psa results

User
Posted 06 Dec 2021 at 11:57

hi,just got my 6 monthly checkup results ,but a gp sent me a text to say my psa result was good at 0.5 and my testosterone was borderline,i went down to the surgery to get them printed out she said my psa was0.05 and not 0.5 and my testosterone was below ref limit,i stopped zoladex in 2016,i have asked for some testosterone and monitor me but no,any help please.

User
Posted 06 Dec 2021 at 13:17

This emphasises the importance of getting the readings in writing direct from the computer, and not via (probably a receptionist) who often doesn't understand decimal digits.

Who said no to the Testosterone?

Are you now clear of cancer with no evidence of disease?

Your GP may be scared to prescribe testosterone, you will need to be referred back to urology or andrology for this. They will (or should) talk with your oncologists, because your testosterone and PSA will need very careful monitoring. As far as I can see, you still have a prostate, so your PSA is expected to rise as your testosterone rises, but within limits.

User
Posted 06 Dec 2021 at 15:36
Radar was referred to an endocrinologist because he has found life so difficult since his RT / HT. Despite it being some years ago, his testosterone has never recovered. Unfortunately, the endocrinologist and ommncologist said no to hormone replacement therapy so his GP won't go against that advice.
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 06 Dec 2021 at 20:41
Thanks, Lynn my gp referred me to the endocrinologist and urologist and they said no and I got a text from gp to say not to monitor my testosterone anymore because they have said no to testosterone, would it do anygood to get in touch with my oncologist who treated me.thanks.
User
Posted 06 Dec 2021 at 20:58
Ref psa readings after treatment ,am I right in thinking they are pretty accurate more so than before treatment ? I am two yrs after RT and my reading is 0.21and told by gp no action required , next blood test 6 months time . My oncologist said psa will rise , but do not want to see spikes or reach the magic number of 2?