Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Enza Life Span

User
Posted 09 Dec 2021 at 15:52

Hi all.

I hope you are all well. Can anyone tell me how long Enza tends to work for before it starts to fail. Is there an average length  of time or is it different for every man.

Thanks Debbie xx

Debbie xxx
User
Posted 10 Dec 2021 at 17:57
Hi not sure if this helps because Gary is on Enzo and Abi on his trial ,but it’s been 5.5 years

Best wishes

Debby

User
Posted 10 Dec 2021 at 18:57

That’s fantastic and very reassuring Debby. Please god we get 5.5 years too. Xx

Debbie xxx
Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 09 Dec 2021 at 18:47

On average, it works for 19 months and the estimate is that it extends life by about 5 months. There are men who find that it is only effective for a very short time if at all. We also have members here who have been on it for years though.

Edited by member 10 Dec 2021 at 10:26  | Reason: typo

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 10 Dec 2021 at 09:06

Thanks for your response Lyn. That’s useful to know xx

Debbie xxx
User
Posted 10 Dec 2021 at 10:28
Is everything okay Debbie?
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 10 Dec 2021 at 15:29

Hi Lynne, yes everything is fine. Other half is doing well and tolerating the Enza OK. I’m just very aware that he’s been on it a whole year now and wondered what the average life span of the drug was xx

Debbie xxx
User
Posted 10 Dec 2021 at 17:57
Hi not sure if this helps because Gary is on Enzo and Abi on his trial ,but it’s been 5.5 years

Best wishes

Debby

User
Posted 10 Dec 2021 at 18:57

That’s fantastic and very reassuring Debby. Please god we get 5.5 years too. Xx

Debbie xxx
User
Posted 10 Dec 2021 at 19:35
🤞

User
Posted 10 Dec 2021 at 21:21

I don't know if it is relevant but my husband was on arberatitone for about 19 months and did really well on it for all that time, giving us the opportunity to have two fabulous holidays on consecutive years. Sadly his psa started to rise and they decided to put him on chemotherapy. Although he tolerated the chemotherapy well, the course stopped after 6 of 10 sessions due to Covid. The after affects were not good and his kidneys were affected so sadly he did not survive for more than 4 months after the chemo.

I do not know if he would have been able to have the arberatitone for any longer as they took him off it when psa reached 78. 

I think the two drugs work in a similar way.

I wish you many happy years ahead.

User
Posted 13 Dec 2021 at 21:40
Hi Debbie.

I've been on Enza now since Oct 2019 after my 3 month Prostap injection wasn't keeping my Testosterone level down enough and hence my PSA started to climb again. PSA reduced from 13 down to 1.2 in 3 months but has since slowly climbed up to 2.9.

Health wise feel fine but weight gain a bit of a pain

Hope it all works out for you

User
Posted 28 Dec 2021 at 12:07

Thank you so much for your reply Gilly. Wishing you and your family best wishes for 2022. Xx

Debbie xxx
User
Posted 28 Dec 2021 at 12:12

Thanks so much for your reply Andy. Wishing you well for 2022. Xx

Debbie xxx
User
Posted 02 Jan 2022 at 12:46
21 months before Onco said it is failing, he keeps saying that Chemo is next, I actually see The Oncology Nurse on Tuesday and See Prof in February, both days with Blood test 30mins before hand.

Chris.