Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Woke up this morning with a nice surprise, nothing any other time though

User
Posted 11 Dec 2021 at 21:47

9 months since Open RP, PSA at 8 months was 0.012

Using a pump 3 times a week and I’m taking 2.5mg of Tadalafil daily (5mg gives me heartburn) 

Up until today I have had absolutely nothing erection wise not even a rumbling.

This morning I woke up with what I can best describe as a rather impressive semi ! I’m guessing this is a good sign and an indication that things are now improving? 

However as soon as I fully realised what was happening and jumped out of bed to show the wife the good news it had completely gone :-(  and no amount of persuasion could get it back.  This is the first indication ive had in 8 months that it still works, which I’m very happy about but a bit disappointed that things aren’t happening at other times. 

Are the mechanics behind a nocturnal or morning erection completely different to one when you are aroused ?

Is it common to have nocturnal erections with no hint of anything any other time ? 

Is there anything else I can or should be doing to help things along?

Thanks 

Edited by member 12 Dec 2021 at 00:26  | Reason: Spelling

User
Posted 12 Dec 2021 at 01:28
Brilliant - this is very encouraging. Two main reasons why it abandoned you so quickly ... gravity and conscious thought. It is easier to get an erection lying down - when you stand up, the blood flows towards your feet instead. And in your dreamy half-awake state, there was no anxiety about whether it would stay up, whether it would last long enough to use, whether you would be able to remember what to do ....

Stay calm, don't put pressure on yourself, do buy a durex cock ring and keep it next to the bed, do try to stay relaxed about it. My husband recovered full erectile function between years 2-3 post-op but has never really got past the performance anxiety ED 😞

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 12 Dec 2021 at 09:16
It's good news, no the mechanics are not different but you have an injured dick and he may always walk with a limp!

He will need way more encouragement than he used to.

Mine used to get hard driving down a bumpy road IE for no apparent reason, now he won't get out of bed for anything less than a panting randy woman IE just thinking about sex won't work, it has to be full on sex before he switches on. This means you need an understanding educated partner who won't be disappointed or give up easily.

User
Posted 12 Dec 2021 at 10:48

This suggests than an event dose of a PDE5 inhibitor might generate an erection on demand. That would be 20mg Tadalafil or 25, 50 or 100mg of Sildenafil.

The problem is that if you get heart burn with any of them, you may get that with all of them, as this is caused by the main action of inhibiting PDE5. Sildenafil might be a better choice in this case for an event dose as it's short acting (4-5 hours), perhaps taken with an antacid (or antacid taken when/if needed). However, repeated acid reflux can cause serious problems of its own, so be careful.

User
Posted 12 Dec 2021 at 12:51

Great news that it's going in the right direction. All I can add is to relax and keep the intimacy going. 

Good luck. 

Kev.

User
Posted 13 Dec 2021 at 20:28

Good news that there is hope after surgery (I have that to come). Have you asked your GP about taking something like Lansoprazole or other proton pump inhibitor for the heart burn? I took them when I was on Prednisolone and they certainly helped. Chris

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 12 Dec 2021 at 01:28
Brilliant - this is very encouraging. Two main reasons why it abandoned you so quickly ... gravity and conscious thought. It is easier to get an erection lying down - when you stand up, the blood flows towards your feet instead. And in your dreamy half-awake state, there was no anxiety about whether it would stay up, whether it would last long enough to use, whether you would be able to remember what to do ....

Stay calm, don't put pressure on yourself, do buy a durex cock ring and keep it next to the bed, do try to stay relaxed about it. My husband recovered full erectile function between years 2-3 post-op but has never really got past the performance anxiety ED 😞

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 12 Dec 2021 at 09:16
It's good news, no the mechanics are not different but you have an injured dick and he may always walk with a limp!

He will need way more encouragement than he used to.

Mine used to get hard driving down a bumpy road IE for no apparent reason, now he won't get out of bed for anything less than a panting randy woman IE just thinking about sex won't work, it has to be full on sex before he switches on. This means you need an understanding educated partner who won't be disappointed or give up easily.

User
Posted 12 Dec 2021 at 10:48

This suggests than an event dose of a PDE5 inhibitor might generate an erection on demand. That would be 20mg Tadalafil or 25, 50 or 100mg of Sildenafil.

The problem is that if you get heart burn with any of them, you may get that with all of them, as this is caused by the main action of inhibiting PDE5. Sildenafil might be a better choice in this case for an event dose as it's short acting (4-5 hours), perhaps taken with an antacid (or antacid taken when/if needed). However, repeated acid reflux can cause serious problems of its own, so be careful.

User
Posted 12 Dec 2021 at 12:51

Great news that it's going in the right direction. All I can add is to relax and keep the intimacy going. 

Good luck. 

Kev.

User
Posted 13 Dec 2021 at 20:28

Good news that there is hope after surgery (I have that to come). Have you asked your GP about taking something like Lansoprazole or other proton pump inhibitor for the heart burn? I took them when I was on Prednisolone and they certainly helped. Chris