I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Xtandi PSA

User
Posted 13 Dec 2021 at 15:15

Hi my dad's cancer has spread. He's been stage 3 since 2019/20  and he's been on xtandi since August 2021 having radiotherapy in July / August. His PSA is lowering but slowly. Has anyone else had this? He started at 112 it halved and currently is at 54. Oncology were happy it was lowering but some people on here had really low numbers. Just wondering?

Debbie

User
Posted 13 Dec 2021 at 15:47
It is early days - if the oncologist is happy then I think you have to trust that.
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 13 Dec 2021 at 21:21

Thanks for the reply. I meant to write he has been stage 3 since 2013/14 and during lockdown it has spread.  He was on bicultamide and he still gets deceptycal injection every 3 months. He has an oncology appointment on Wednesday so hoping for more low numbers. I suppose everyone is different. As I said they were happy it was going down. Doesn't matter how much. He has a catheter in in belly and having awful trouble with it. 

User
Posted 13 Dec 2021 at 23:01
Yes, what i meant was that it was early days for seeing what impact the enzalutimide has had. Fingers crossed it has dropped lower this time.
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard