Hi Chris, I was keen on RP because I was told it was near the edge, the Gleason was 4+3, and I didn't like the thought of the big growth in me. Surgery seemed the best chance to get it done quickly.
After reading on here for some 5 years I'm not that sure I'd now be so single minded. Although at the time I really didn't want to waste a second talking to other consultants which might have taken several weeks as it was over Christmas. I was also thinking robotic would be better but was told it would be at a hospital over 30 miles away in the Pennines in deepest winter which seemed to add more potential complications.
I now think that if it had been outside the prostate I might have chosen RT. Easy to say in retrospect as at the time the thought of it possibly being out was driving my wish for speed.
After the op I found it was 4+4 with clear margins which made me think it was a good choice. I wasn't over concerned about side effects and there is quite a bit of ED. Last week my psa became just detectable which isn't good but I need to wait another few months to know if it's a one off or what. RT is still a possibility.
As you say Covid is another factor and any potential delays, that makes it easy to want to grab the first one.
I hope that works out for you.
All the best, Peter
Edited by member 15 Dec 2021 at 22:49
| Reason: Not specified