I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

4 months post turp issues

User
Posted 09 Jan 2022 at 11:45

My husband had a turp in September 2021 and has just told me this morning his flow is getting weaker and 'not right'. He has his final chemo on Thursday 13th and doesn't want to jeopardise this. He does have a check up call booked for early Feb with the Urologist but doesn't want me to contact them until after Thursday. I'm worried he might go into retention and all the nightmare of his catheter problems. Just looking for any advice really as things had been ticking along just fine till this. 

Thanks

Bridie

User
Posted 09 Jan 2022 at 15:51

Hi,

Had a TURP last March which was meant to be successful.However  subsequent scans showed that I was retaining a lot of urine which started to cause repeated urine infections.After MRI the doctor told me the problem was that I had a small prostate and that the extra size channel made by surgery not big enough to relieve flow problems.

Rather than have a permanent cafater which is unpleasant I have opted for self cafaterization 3 times a day.Its easy to do .It takes about 5 minutes to do and a nurse can train you in about 30 mins how to do it.

Hope this is helpful

Regards

Norm