I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Pelvic floor dysfunction.

User
Posted 24 Jan 2022 at 11:23

Has anyone else suffered from Pelvic floor dysfunction after prostate removal surgery ????... If so what treatment follows and for how long. I was told by the Doctor that it is nerve damage from the surgery but I seem to have all the symptoms of PFD.

I was doing really well until I had a bad bout of constipation mid Dec and the discomfort went back to square one. 

Edited by member 24 Jan 2022 at 15:07  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 24 Jan 2022 at 14:01

Hi,

Sorry you're having problems. You need to ask for a referral to a pelvic health physiotherapist. They are experts in continence and pelvic floor, and will be able to diagnose what the issue is, weather it's not doing pelvic floor exercises correctly (which is often the case if they aren't improving things) or if there's a lack of some function in the pelvic floor.

User
Posted 27 Jan 2022 at 16:57

Hi,

Do you mind me asking what symptoms you have?  I am currently just under 6 months post RARP and suffering with what I suspect is PFD.  Seeing my consultant in 2 days.  I get lower abdominal discomfort and pain, especially after sexual activity or bowel movement, and some urinary symptoms (urgency etc).  I am fully continent however and I suspect a tight pelvic floor may be part of the issue.

Best wishes.

User
Posted 27 Jan 2022 at 20:02

Guys, what is your water works like , frequency, flow , volume , colour, smell etc.

Thanks Chris

User
Posted 27 Jan 2022 at 21:37

It might be worth doing a three day urine diary, there are plenty on the internet. You record fluid in and out. Based on your length of urinating it doesn't sound like your bladder is holding much. Average flow rate can be measured as follows. Urinate into a urine bottle and time how long it takes. Assuming the urine bottle has a measuring scale on it divide mls by seconds to get an average flow rate. 

I and a few of us on here had problems with the migration of surgical clips from  surgery. 

Even passing soft gunge through the urethra can cause extreme pain around the perineum and genitals.

I found I could walk two or three miles without leaking but as soon as i stopped walking I leaked.

Hope you find a solution.

Thanks Chris