Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

DOXETACLE, PSA still doubling

User
Posted 25 Jan 2022 at 17:24

Hi  

My husband started doxetacle on December 2021. He just had his 3rd session but his psa has continued to double. We've been told it can take 3 or 4 sessions for psa to go down?? Anyone else experienced this? 

Thanks 

User
Posted 25 Jan 2022 at 19:01

My husband’s psa started coming down right away when he started his chemo, hopefully it starts to come down soon 

Ann xx

User
Posted 26 Jan 2022 at 06:07

Hello highland lass, I know how worrying that is. My husband has just finished 10 sessions of docetaxel and it wasn’t till the very last session that his psa went down - but it did rise less quickly than before.  So it can take some time to show through in the figures and his Onco was happy that the drug was stabilising things in the meantime. Hope you start to see an impact soon.

User
Posted 27 Jan 2022 at 13:46
PSA isn't always a reliable indicator of whether the chemo is working - the PSA can stay the same or just fall a little but the chemo is still nuking the little beggars!
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 25 Jan 2022 at 19:01

My husband’s psa started coming down right away when he started his chemo, hopefully it starts to come down soon 

Ann xx

User
Posted 26 Jan 2022 at 06:07

Hello highland lass, I know how worrying that is. My husband has just finished 10 sessions of docetaxel and it wasn’t till the very last session that his psa went down - but it did rise less quickly than before.  So it can take some time to show through in the figures and his Onco was happy that the drug was stabilising things in the meantime. Hope you start to see an impact soon.

User
Posted 26 Jan 2022 at 20:26

Thanks Happy Camper for taking the time to reply. That's given us a lift! . Praying it stops rising.

Best wishes 

User
Posted 27 Jan 2022 at 13:46
PSA isn't always a reliable indicator of whether the chemo is working - the PSA can stay the same or just fall a little but the chemo is still nuking the little beggars!
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard