I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Rising PSA 6 years on

User
Posted 27 Jan 2022 at 08:32

Hi. Not sure if i’m in the right place. In 2017 I had radiation treatment and brachytherapy. Also 3 years of hormone injections. My cancer had spread slightly to one seminal vesicle.

My PSA since then has always been around 0.06 to 0.09.

My PSA has now risen to 0.33. This is accompanied by a sort of ache in my bladder area for the last 4 months.

I am trying to get to see my GP. Should I be worried ? I’m terrified my cancer has returned. 

User
Posted 27 Jan 2022 at 10:25

I have had same treatment as you in 2018. Currently my PSA is 0.1 .No one and that include me is going to be worried about my PSA if it stays below 2.1. though if the PSA jumped more than 0.5 between six month tests it would attract attention.

So no with a slow rise to 0.33 and still having a prostate nothing to worry about.

Bladder pain? Unlikely to be prostate cancer you have a low PSA.

Dave

User
Posted 27 Jan 2022 at 13:31

Your onco should have said what PSA level would trigger a referral back to the oncology dept. If they didn't I would ring the consultants secretary and ask.

Do not trust your GP they know nothing!

User
Posted 27 Jan 2022 at 13:52
Perhaps a good idea to see your GP and ask for a proper blood test for urinary tract infection - not just a dip stick urine test.
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 27 Jan 2022 at 10:25

I have had same treatment as you in 2018. Currently my PSA is 0.1 .No one and that include me is going to be worried about my PSA if it stays below 2.1. though if the PSA jumped more than 0.5 between six month tests it would attract attention.

So no with a slow rise to 0.33 and still having a prostate nothing to worry about.

Bladder pain? Unlikely to be prostate cancer you have a low PSA.

Dave

User
Posted 27 Jan 2022 at 10:34

good advice by Dave your PSA is still really low  👍

User
Posted 27 Jan 2022 at 13:31

Your onco should have said what PSA level would trigger a referral back to the oncology dept. If they didn't I would ring the consultants secretary and ask.

Do not trust your GP they know nothing!

User
Posted 27 Jan 2022 at 13:52
Perhaps a good idea to see your GP and ask for a proper blood test for urinary tract infection - not just a dip stick urine test.
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 28 Jan 2022 at 01:29

When did your last hormone injection run out, i.e. when would you have had the next one if you hadn't stopped them?

User
Posted 28 Jan 2022 at 11:39

My last injection was October 2020.