I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Penis shape

User
Posted 29 Jan 2022 at 21:30

Hi everyone had my operation 7 days ago got cathiter out yesterday my question is how long does it take penis to go back to normal mine is puffy and feels spungy to touch almost like trapped air bubbles under skin I don't have pain in area 

User
Posted 30 Jan 2022 at 08:46

Shippy,  Do you have a hospital contact number in case of problems, I would suggest you give them a call.

If you have a foreskin and it is not over the gland /bell end it can cause irritation and the foreskin can  come up like a balloon. I was advised to use an ice pack and some lubricant to get the foreskin back over the gland. 

Uruine leaking from the urethra  into the soft tissue of the penis can cause the penis to swell up but it is very painful. 

Even though the catheter is out it could be allergic reaction to the catheter or its coating, our hospital  uses a catheter with an antimicrobial coating after surgery.

It could also be a water infection.

Thanks Chris

Edited by member 30 Jan 2022 at 08:50  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 30 Jan 2022 at 11:10
I had puffiness and swelling for quite a while also. I was told it was leaked lymphatic fluid and it cleared in its own time
User
Posted 30 Jan 2022 at 12:17

Thanks for replies noticed a slight improvement this morning so hopefully will gradually go back to normal its just worrying when something changes down stairs