I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Prostatitis: I think ?

User
Posted 01 Feb 2022 at 22:28

It all started at the end of October 2021. Just a strange sensation to the right of my scrotum. Doctor thought I might have an hernia and sent me for an Ultrasound. Ultrasound done after 4 weeks saying no hernia found. In between time I started to get pain on the other side and underneath. Started getting up numerous times in the night to pee, with no relief after going. Doctor did rectal examination and said my prostate was enlarged. Was put on anti biotics for 6 weeks and Tamsulosin. Blood tests came back PSA tests normal. Hospital referral date but until 6th April. 3 months later and I'm still having pain. Worried it's something more serious. Not been briefed on anything around Cancer which I find confusing. 

I've now started getting chest pains and short of breath which seems to be being caused by the Tamsulosin and loads of pain after sex.

Does anyone else relate to these issues and what can I expect from the Urology referral in ten weeks time.

User
Posted 02 Feb 2022 at 09:17
Just had a Urology work-up due to blood in my urine (2 years after finishing pc treatment). I started with a CT scan ( with contrast dye), then a cytoscopy (not pleasant, but tolerable), and a urine flow test (not all on the same day! Spread over a couple of weeks). The CT showed some scarring on my bladder from the radio therapy, but the tests found nothing amiss, and the consultant put the bleeding down to residual damage from the r/t. I imagine you will have something similar.