Show search

Notification

Error
<123

New diagnosis - rabbit in headlights

User
Posted 16 Jun 2022 at 13:55

Originally Posted by: Online Community Member
The 2.5mg will be doing its work in the background, helping the nerve bundles to repair themselves. You wouldn't expect that dose to provide erections - that isn't the purpose of it.

With a swollen tummy, a wound that hasn't quite healed and two lots of antibiotics, he probably isn't feeling very sexy?

You’re right lynn, sex is the last thing on his mind (understandably).  Well I’m glad the taladafill are at least helping with the nerves. Despite a few minor hiccups, he has exceeded my expectations with his recovery. X

User
Posted 16 Jun 2022 at 13:58

12 weeks, wow that seems to have flown by….although maybe not for you ๐Ÿคฆ๐Ÿป‍โ™€๏ธ

He’s doing so well, just hope that wound heals fully very soon.

I’d say don’t let the PSA anxiety get to you too much, but ours is august aswell and I’m already starting to feel it a bit too ๐Ÿคฆ๐Ÿป‍โ™€๏ธ I sometimes wonder whether that feeling will ever go away. I’m sure everything will be fine thoug

Hopefully he will have some success using the pump aswell. It’s just a rehabilitation tool for us at the moment….when he can be bothered ๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ˜‚

Onwards and upwards as you say, I’m sure it will just keep getting better from here.

yes fingers crossed the wound heals ๐Ÿคž๐Ÿคž. Unfortunately I think every PSA test will bring anxiety with it (I know it does for me with my annual checks). Xx

User
Posted 06 Aug 2022 at 23:25
Quick update in the hope it will help others......

4.5 months post RP.

2nd PSA test <0.04.

No incontinence.

Wound fully healed (took 12 weeks).

Now concentrating on ED ๐Ÿคž

Canโ€™t quite believe we are where we are. โ€œNormalโ€ life has resumed. Iโ€™m not going to lie, itโ€™s been a bumpy ride, but we will keep on chugging along. The support from this forum is invaluable ๐Ÿ’™

User
Posted 06 Aug 2022 at 23:31

That's all looking very good.

Dave

User
Posted 07 Aug 2022 at 02:58

Fabulous news ๐Ÿ‘ xx

User
Posted 07 Aug 2022 at 13:49

Good news indeed, Jayney. And for Mike too!

Ivan

User
Posted 09 Aug 2022 at 18:07

Quick update in the hope it will help others......

4.5 months post RP.
2nd PSA test <0.04.
No incontinence.
Wound fully healed (took 12 weeks).
Now concentrating on ED ๐Ÿคž

Can’t quite believe we are where we are. “Normal” life has resumed. I’m not going to lie, it’s been a bumpy ride, but we will keep on chugging along. The support from this forum is invaluable ๐Ÿ’™

great news Janey, so pleased your OH is doing so well - it must be a huge relief and you can both enjoy the late summer now without the worry of a check-up looming 

take care, GG

User
Posted 10 Nov 2022 at 20:56
Latest PSA test on Friday <0.1. My anxiety was unreal whereas Mike was very laid back about the whole thing. Heโ€™s made a great recovery and we have enjoyed lots of fun and adventures post op. We feel incredibly fortunate to be where we are today. Letโ€™s hope this continues ๐Ÿคž This time last year we had no clue what lay ahead. Weโ€™ve had incredible support from this forum, itโ€™s such a great community. I intend to keep posting and supporting others where I can.

Wishing you all the very best x

User
Posted 10 Nov 2022 at 21:26

Brilliant update Jayney, Your support for Mike makes all of us reading this, that little bit happier that we share a world with you in it.

Jamie.

User
Posted 10 Nov 2022 at 21:51

Great post Jayney.

Dave

User
Posted 11 Nov 2022 at 08:02

Latest PSA test on Friday <0.1. My anxiety was unreal whereas Mike was very laid back about the whole thing. He’s made a great recovery and we have enjoyed lots of fun and adventures post op. We feel incredibly fortunate to be where we are today. Let’s hope this continues ๐Ÿคž This time last year we had no clue what lay ahead. We’ve had incredible support from this forum, it’s such a great community. I intend to keep posting and supporting others where I can.
Wishing you all the very best x

Just brilliant Jayney, so happy for you both xx

User
Posted 11 Nov 2022 at 19:41

Great result Jayney. Long may that be the case.

Ido4

User
Posted 11 Nov 2022 at 21:54
Great news
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 09 Mar 2023 at 22:43
So here we are. Nearly a year since surgeryโ€ฆโ€ฆ(where has that year gone?), trusted surgeon decided to delay PSA test and wait another month so it was aligned with surgery anniversary. That sent me into a spin I can tell you! All geared up, anxiety levels just about under control, wham - โ€œletโ€™s leave this test for a monthโ€!! Mike quite cool, me not so.

Anyhow, scores are in and latest PSA test today <0.1. No change from 3 months ago. We feel extremely relieved. Appt with surgeon on Monday. Weโ€™ve continued with our adventures and intend on having lots more fun. Letโ€™s hope his good health continues ๐ŸคžFrom that first raised PSA test in Nov โ€˜21 to now, nearly a year since surgery, has been a rollercoaster. ED is still an issue but improving slowly. Weโ€™re just grateful to be where we are currently. Huge thank you to this forum for all the ongoing support, will keep posting and supporting x

User
Posted 09 Mar 2023 at 22:53

JayneP ,great news, really pleased for you both.

Thanks Chris 

User
Posted 10 Mar 2023 at 00:17

Just the best news ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ so happy for you both xx

User
Posted 10 Mar 2023 at 15:31

That’s great news to hear Jayneyp.  All the very best to you both.

Angex 

User
Posted 10 Mar 2023 at 16:02
๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 10 Mar 2023 at 19:48
๐Ÿ‘the best result possible

Cheers

Bill

User
Posted 12 Mar 2023 at 20:35

Great news. Long may it continue. ๐Ÿ‘

User
Posted 12 Mar 2023 at 21:54

Great news.

Ido4

User
Posted 11 Apr 2023 at 16:08

Great news JayneyP - I am glad all continues to go well 

Edited by member 11 Apr 2023 at 16:11  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 25 Aug 2023 at 18:47

First 6 monthly PSA test today and results are good. Mikes PSA is still undetectable <0.10 Both incredibly relieved. These tests really do elevate the anxiety levels. Not sure where we would be without the support of the forum and will keep reading, replying and supporting as best we can.  Best wishes to you all x

Edited by member 25 Aug 2023 at 18:52  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 25 Aug 2023 at 19:59

Brilliant news, JayneyP!

Go out there and celebrate!

Best wishes,

JedSee.

Edited by member 25 Aug 2023 at 20:07  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 25 Aug 2023 at 20:20

JayneyP, great news, hopefully you willlearn how to relax about results.๐Ÿ‘

Thanks Chris 

User
Posted 25 Aug 2023 at 20:47

Great news JayneyP. Long may it long may it continue. I think it will be a long while before I can relax when PSA test time rolls around. 

User
Posted 25 Aug 2023 at 23:18

Brilliant news for you both, long may it continue xx

User
Posted 26 Aug 2023 at 18:48

Me too Chris. The anxiety around this test seemed worse as it had been 6 months……. All is good so on we go. Hope you’re good and doing well xx

Great news JayneyP. Long may it long may it continue. I think it will be a long while before I can relax when PSA test time rolls around. 

Edited by member 26 Aug 2023 at 18:51  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 26 Aug 2023 at 18:49

thanks Chris. Not sure I ever will! Hope you are doing well x

quote=colwickchris;284873]

Quote:

JayneyP, great news, hopefully you willlearn how to relax about results.๐Ÿ‘

Thanks Chris 

User
Posted 15 Nov 2023 at 21:18

First 6 monthly PSA test today and results are good. Mikes PSA is still undetectable <0.10 Both incredibly relieved. These tests really do elevate the anxiety levels. Not sure where we would be without the support of the forum and will keep reading, replying and supporting as best we can.  Best wishes to you all x

hi JayneyP, 

sorry I haven’t been in touch. I made a deliberate decision to spend the summer away from PC forums since I did not want to let my diagnosis define me or dominate my thinking. Instead I tried to just enjoy the summer ( I think it lasted an entire day here in Scotland) ๐Ÿ˜‚

I am absolutely delighted to hear your good news - 6 months is tough, isn’t it ! 

I have just received my first 6 months results too and PSA is still undetectable so celebrating and thanking God.

I hope you are able to now enjoy Christmas without worry. As I say, it’s fantastic news.

GG

User
Posted 04 Mar 2024 at 20:09

So here we are, nearly 2 years post surgery.  PSA test today and results are good. Mikes PSA is still undetectable <0.10. I still really struggle with the anxiety these tests cause, but we are incredibly relieved. Will keep reading, replying and supporting this wonderful forum as best we can.  Best wishes to you all x

User
Posted 04 Mar 2024 at 20:33

Jayneyp, great news, long may it continue.

Thanks Chris 

User
Posted 04 Mar 2024 at 21:22

Brilliant news. Thanks for keeping us informed. 

User
Posted 04 Mar 2024 at 22:35

Thanks Chris x

User
Posted 05 Mar 2024 at 00:20
Really pleased to see this ๐Ÿ‘

User
Posted 05 Mar 2024 at 05:37

Great news Jayne great to see ๐Ÿ‘

User
Posted 05 Mar 2024 at 07:46

So pleased for you both Jayne, it’s always nice to hear good news๐Ÿ˜Š

I know what you mean about PSA anxiety, I’ve now timed the test to 2 days before my Prostap injections so that my CNS tells me when I go for the injection.

All the best for the future.

Derek