I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Biopsy results sooner than thought

User
Posted 08 Feb 2022 at 14:44

My husband aged 69 had a psa of 4.8 recorded in October. rectal examination and mri confirmed a nodule. Bone scan clear and had biopsies just over two weeks ago. has received letter to go to clinic on Friday although had been told it would be a month for biopsy results. is this a worry? 

User
Posted 08 Feb 2022 at 15:33
The node is a worry, quick treatment is not!

PC is best dealt with, try not to overthink it until you have answers. Once you have answers you will have options, options are good!
User
Posted 08 Feb 2022 at 15:36

I would imagine that the hospital has just managed to clear a backlog of biopsies quicker than they thought.

When I was awaiting the results of my biopsy results I thought that because my telephone consultation had been scheduled for 4 pm that the hospital was phoning all the people with prostate cancer first. That was not, unfortunately, the case.

Ivan

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 08 Feb 2022 at 15:33
The node is a worry, quick treatment is not!

PC is best dealt with, try not to overthink it until you have answers. Once you have answers you will have options, options are good!
User
Posted 08 Feb 2022 at 15:36

I would imagine that the hospital has just managed to clear a backlog of biopsies quicker than they thought.

When I was awaiting the results of my biopsy results I thought that because my telephone consultation had been scheduled for 4 pm that the hospital was phoning all the people with prostate cancer first. That was not, unfortunately, the case.

Ivan