I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Worried about diagnosis

User
Posted 13 Feb 2022 at 13:14

Hi guys I’m a 56yr old man ,I’ve been routinely screened since 50 and my PSA has rocketed from 1:9 to 13.8 in 18 months , I’ve just had an mri and have a face to face consultation to get my results in a weeks time , I’m beside myself with worry

User
Posted 13 Feb 2022 at 13:50

It is a worry we have all been through that feeling most off us who were diagnosed with prostate cancer are still here treatment nowadays is improving all the time lots off options today you may not need treatment but options if you do good luck with your meeting lots off knowledge on here 👍

User
Posted 13 Feb 2022 at 14:00

As mentioned by Gaz, hearing the "C" word mentioned does make your heart miss a beat but until you have had a scan and a biopsy you can't be sure that you have prostate cancer. Your PSA reading could be caused by something else. That said, 1 in 5 men aged 40 ( American research suggests it is 2 in 5 men aged 40) have signs of prostate cancer and most men of 60 and over have it. If caught early enough treatments are available that even if they do not cure it can give you decades of relatively trouble free life.

Ivan

User
Posted 21 Feb 2022 at 06:37

That is very quick, my husband had an MRI scan before Christmas, a biopsy 1st Feb and we are finally having a face to face meeting for the result today