I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Diagnosis of cancer

User
Posted 24 Feb 2022 at 17:39

Recieved diagnosis yesterday after second biopsy in 2 years found cancer. 

Gleason score 4+3.

Unsure which to take, surgery or radiotherapy and hormone therapy?

Doctor said" both will cure, and there is light at the end of the tunnel "

I am in the process of moving from Wales to Westgate in Kent, moving in 10 days so hopefully all will get transferred. 

Had blood tests taken yesterday, doctor trying to organise bone scan.

Although now very concerned 😟 

User
Posted 24 Feb 2022 at 19:54
Same Gleason score as me in 2019, with a PSA of 18. Same options. I chose hormone and r/t because I didin't like the idea of surgery and incontinence (however temporary). Since the outcome is likely to be the same, it's down to personal choice. I didn't find my choice hard to bear, although the side effects were (are!) a bit tedious. The magic word on the consent form is 'curative'!

Best wishes,
Hermit.
User
Posted 24 Feb 2022 at 21:36
I too went down the RT/HT road (recommended in my case) and found it all very tolerable. It's what I would have chosen had I been given the choice.

Cheers,

Chris
User
Posted 24 Feb 2022 at 21:39

Ditto Chris gleason 9 Paa24.9 37 rounds off radiotherapy and hormone therapy for two years my PSA is now 0.01 and feeling ok 1 year on 👍

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 24 Feb 2022 at 19:54
Same Gleason score as me in 2019, with a PSA of 18. Same options. I chose hormone and r/t because I didin't like the idea of surgery and incontinence (however temporary). Since the outcome is likely to be the same, it's down to personal choice. I didn't find my choice hard to bear, although the side effects were (are!) a bit tedious. The magic word on the consent form is 'curative'!

Best wishes,
Hermit.
User
Posted 24 Feb 2022 at 21:36
I too went down the RT/HT road (recommended in my case) and found it all very tolerable. It's what I would have chosen had I been given the choice.

Cheers,

Chris
User
Posted 24 Feb 2022 at 21:39

Ditto Chris gleason 9 Paa24.9 37 rounds off radiotherapy and hormone therapy for two years my PSA is now 0.01 and feeling ok 1 year on 👍

User
Posted 24 Feb 2022 at 23:03

Thank you all for your replies & positivity, I am favouring the same route. Once I have moved hopefully I can get started on the treatment.