bleeding and pain 
My Blood levels are on the rise up to 4.6 it was 0.04 six months ago
I have been off HT for a year now , I was wondering would a 
Suprapubic Catheter help , it would stop me getting up during the night

Regards
Barry

User
Posted 26 Feb 2022 at 23:20

Barry , i have had a SPC for five years now, and i don't have to get up in the night. The trade off is hooking yourself upto a night bag at night , disconnecting and draining the night bag in the morning. I had around 30-40 bladder spasms a day until I got on the right medication, now i have a couple a day sometimes none. The SPC change every 8 weeks are not without problems, I went through a long period of uncomfortable to painful changes but eventually found a routine that means changes are now well tolerated.

Can they not do a cystoscopy and get the stone, I did pass one naturally, not great but such a relief when I did .

At 70 I do drop off to sleep quite easily but never had HT or fatigue. HT is my next logical step.

Hopefully you can find some resolutions to your problems.

Thanks Chris

User
Posted 27 Feb 2022 at 06:26
I am under the UCLH in london
I had a scan a week ago the stone growing in the neck of my urethea is 22mm , they are going to lazer it to powder but when ??? I have had this problem since last June ,
I am also totally incontinent, Strictures are Badly damaged by RT and a TURP
But the pain and Fatigue is getting me down to such an extent ???

User
Posted 27 Feb 2022 at 06:41

Hopefully you will get sorted soon Barry it's a horrible desease we are all battling many suffer with side effects me included hope your situation improves soon gaz 👍

User
Posted 27 Feb 2022 at 13:01

Barry ,

Once my bladder capacity got below 200mls the option of urethral reconstruction and an AUS was no longer on the table.

Strangely my stricture probably helped with my continence but at times went to far and my flow rate was down to a dribble.

Read the profile , quite a journey, the uro dynamics experience struck a chord.

Thanks Chris

Edited by member 27 Feb 2022 at 18:03  | Reason: Not specified

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 26 Feb 2022 at 23:20

Barry , i have had a SPC for five years now, and i don't have to get up in the night. The trade off is hooking yourself upto a night bag at night , disconnecting and draining the night bag in the morning. I had around 30-40 bladder spasms a day until I got on the right medication, now i have a couple a day sometimes none. The SPC change every 8 weeks are not without problems, I went through a long period of uncomfortable to painful changes but eventually found a routine that means changes are now well tolerated.

Can they not do a cystoscopy and get the stone, I did pass one naturally, not great but such a relief when I did .

At 70 I do drop off to sleep quite easily but never had HT or fatigue. HT is my next logical step.

Hopefully you can find some resolutions to your problems.

Thanks Chris

User
Posted 27 Feb 2022 at 06:26
I am under the UCLH in london
I had a scan a week ago the stone growing in the neck of my urethea is 22mm , they are going to lazer it to powder but when ??? I have had this problem since last June ,
I am also totally incontinent, Strictures are Badly damaged by RT and a TURP
But the pain and Fatigue is getting me down to such an extent ???

User
Posted 27 Feb 2022 at 06:41

Hopefully you will get sorted soon Barry it's a horrible desease we are all battling many suffer with side effects me included hope your situation improves soon gaz 👍

User
Posted 27 Feb 2022 at 06:43

Hi Chris 
Thanks for all that info 
Regards Barry

User
Posted 27 Feb 2022 at 09:08

Barry 

I went to have a quick read of your profile. I skipped through some of it and I will read it all later today. I see you already have experience with catheters.

What can you actually hold in your bladder ? .

Thanks Chris

User
Posted 27 Feb 2022 at 11:07

Hi Chris ,
I dont know the amount ,
But its not a lot 
Hence I am always getting 
the urge to get up and have a pee

Barry

User
Posted 27 Feb 2022 at 13:01

Barry ,

Once my bladder capacity got below 200mls the option of urethral reconstruction and an AUS was no longer on the table.

Strangely my stricture probably helped with my continence but at times went to far and my flow rate was down to a dribble.

Read the profile , quite a journey, the uro dynamics experience struck a chord.

Thanks Chris

Edited by member 27 Feb 2022 at 18:03  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 02 Apr 2022 at 22:31

SPC taken out but have no control on urination- 👎🏻👎🏻  Some fatigue but have  to out guess my bladder as to when it empty’s 👹👎🏻👎🏻👎🏻 Every 90 minutes or I wet myself 🤔👹👹. Need help