I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Post biopsy effects

User
Posted 05 Mar 2022 at 11:26

Hi all. I need some advise. 8 weeks ago I had a transperineal prostate biopsy which revealed no cancer but 8 weeks on my seamen is still very watery as if there's no sperm within it. Is this normal and is it something I should speak to my GP about?

many thanks

User
Posted 05 Mar 2022 at 13:12

I don't think it is a problem, and I think the advice is that changes may be present for up to 12 weeks, but in reality after two weeks plenty of people are fine, after six weeks nearly everyone is fine so by 8 weeks I think you are an outlier. I wouldn't make an appointment, but if you are seeing GP about something anyway then yes mention it. If after 12 weeks then make an appointment, but I don't think this is a serious problem.

Dave

User
Posted 05 Mar 2022 at 14:33

Uggie3 , I am going back eight years. I had a trus biopsy and noticed the quality and quantity of ejaculated fluid reduced. In the 4 months from biopsy to surgery it gradually got worse,  I never queried it and I just assumed it was down to the cancer. 

Thanks Chris

User
Posted 05 Mar 2022 at 22:16

Thanks very much 

User
Posted 05 Mar 2022 at 22:36

The clear watery component is mostly from the prostate (40%) and the thick white component (50%) is from the seminal vesicles, and is carried into the prostate in the ejaculatory ducts where the two are mixed. It may be that the ejaculatory ducts are still a bit swollen or blocked with clots or damaged by the needles. It may recover in time.

User
Posted 18 Sep 2022 at 01:54

Hi iv had a biopsy done 8 months ago and still seeing blood in my semen is that normal???