Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error
<12

Incontinence recovery time scale experiences

User
Posted 15 Jun 2022 at 10:49

Thank you for that - and its very helpful. My sense is that I will do as you said, use pads and I should be OK. I'm on aisle seats all the way and I have no problems sitting or sleeping - the challenge is just when I get up. The top half of my penis is still quite sensitive and the idea of putting a clamp on it does not appeal.

User
Posted 31 Jul 2022 at 22:49

Hi all

I am 11 weeks post surgery and have been virtually dry for 2 weeks. I don't wear pads anymore, but still have the odd dribble.  I went back to the gym 3 weeks ago and that is a hit and miss affair. If I run on the treadmill I do leak, so I am mostly just walking fast at the max incline and I can manage that. I also went back to my volunteer role at the NHS last week. So slowly, I am returning to normal. 

I wish you all well on your recovery

User
Posted 31 Aug 2022 at 02:45

Originally Posted by: Online Community Member

Hi all

I am 11 weeks post surgery and have been virtually dry for 2 weeks. I don't wear pads anymore, but still have the odd dribble.  I went back to the gym 3 weeks ago and that is a hit and miss affair. If I run on this treadmill I do leak, so I am mostly just walking fast at the max incline and I can manage that. I also went back to my volunteer role at the NHS last week. So slowly, I am returning to normal. 

I wish you all well on your recovery

Hello, I wish you a speedy recovery! As for this treadmill - you can just walk so that your body gets used to such a load. Sometimes walking can be even more beneficial than running. You mentioned that you use incline and that's already great. Good luck!

Edited by member 02 Sep 2022 at 02:43  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 31 Aug 2022 at 05:58
Regarding leaking when you get up when I was at that stage (and still occasionally 7years later) "pre bracing" before getting up by doing an extra hard pelvic floor helped.