I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

HT - effects on OH

User
Posted 15 Mar 2022 at 06:28

I have read with interest the effect of HT has on you gentlemen, but what effect has HT on your OH?

According to the leaflets it takes 3 - 12 month to recover from the side effects, is that your experience?

Thank you

User
Posted 15 Mar 2022 at 19:02
I’m on HT permanently now. Been on it around 15 months and am only 55. My libido has plummeted to be sure but I think it was higher than most mens anyway. I’m still ready though 24/7 to please my wife in any way I can and am still interested. The big disadvantage is that I’ve lost the ability mostly to reach orgasm so I’m not so keen to receive pleasure but am happy to give — if you understand that ? As above my wife is deep in menopause and assured me it’s not really a problem. Being close and loving and having a lie in is enough
User
Posted 15 Mar 2022 at 18:44
Yes it must be pretty difficult for wives, I did 'pleasure' my wife occasionally but she actually wasn't too bothered as going thru menopause affected her for a while anyway.

We're all different as they say 're effects/recovery etc., some say it is not uncommon for effects to last as long as we were on HT for. In my case it wasn't too far from that, I was on Zoladex for 3yrs and it was certainly 2years before libido returned.

That is just my experience though.

Best of luck

Peter

User
Posted 15 Mar 2022 at 20:06
I'm two years post-HT (stopped it in Feb 20) and my libido hasn't returned to anything like its previous level. The thing about loss of libido is that it doesn't generally bother the person it's affecting; it is something which primarily affects the partner of the person on HT because they are the person who's no longer being taken an interest in.

Chris

User
Posted 15 Mar 2022 at 20:21
Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 15 Mar 2022 at 18:44
Yes it must be pretty difficult for wives, I did 'pleasure' my wife occasionally but she actually wasn't too bothered as going thru menopause affected her for a while anyway.

We're all different as they say 're effects/recovery etc., some say it is not uncommon for effects to last as long as we were on HT for. In my case it wasn't too far from that, I was on Zoladex for 3yrs and it was certainly 2years before libido returned.

That is just my experience though.

Best of luck

Peter

User
Posted 15 Mar 2022 at 19:02
I’m on HT permanently now. Been on it around 15 months and am only 55. My libido has plummeted to be sure but I think it was higher than most mens anyway. I’m still ready though 24/7 to please my wife in any way I can and am still interested. The big disadvantage is that I’ve lost the ability mostly to reach orgasm so I’m not so keen to receive pleasure but am happy to give — if you understand that ? As above my wife is deep in menopause and assured me it’s not really a problem. Being close and loving and having a lie in is enough
User
Posted 15 Mar 2022 at 20:06
I'm two years post-HT (stopped it in Feb 20) and my libido hasn't returned to anything like its previous level. The thing about loss of libido is that it doesn't generally bother the person it's affecting; it is something which primarily affects the partner of the person on HT because they are the person who's no longer being taken an interest in.

Chris

User
Posted 15 Mar 2022 at 20:21
User
Posted 16 Mar 2022 at 05:48
Hi Dave64diag2018, that is a very helpful threat. I will make sure OH reads all of it as well.
User
Posted 17 Mar 2022 at 08:54

Originally Posted by: Online Community Member

I have read with interest the effect of HT has on you gentlemen, but what effect has HT on your OH?

According to the leaflets it takes 3 - 12 month to recover from the side effects, is that your experience?

Thank you

I'm afraid, probably the higher figure - but you must remember, there is no sex after death - that's mainly what HT & RT treatment is preventing.

Over a year on from stopping HT, my feelings are back - but pretty dry climaxes. Which I was told to expect.

Less mess, is the only consolation....