I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Mri results tomorrow

User
Posted 20 Mar 2022 at 19:05

We get my dads mri scan results tomorrow. He’s in his 70s and has a level of psa 11. I am going out of my mind with worry.dr felt prostate and it was enlarged and dad does have to go to the toilet frequently. We’re praying that is not cancer. We are so scared

User
Posted 20 Mar 2022 at 19:05

We get my dads mri scan results tomorrow. He’s in his 70s and has a level of psa 11. I am going out of my mind with worry.dr felt prostate and it was enlarged and dad does have to go to the toilet frequently. We’re praying that is not cancer. We are so scared

User
Posted 21 Mar 2022 at 05:55

Tulip, I wish you and your family all the best.  

User
Posted 21 Mar 2022 at 08:45
I hope the results are what you want. But if they are not - don't panic. Prostate cancer is very treatable, especially if found early. It is not a death sentence. Try to stay calm and take things one day at a time.

best wishes,

Hermit

User
Posted 21 Mar 2022 at 09:42

What is it that you're scared about? That he has prostate cancer? He probably does - about three quarters of men of your dad's age have prostate cancer, and almost all men have it by their 80s. It's a natural part of the ageing process for a man. That he's going to die? Put that thought out of your mind. With a PSA of 11, if he does have prostate cancer it is almost certain to be localised, and localised prostate cancer in many cases requires no treatment, and if it does need treating, the treatment is highly effective. You get treated and you get on with your life.

Stop worrying!

Cheers,

Chris

Edited by member 21 Mar 2022 at 09:46  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 21 Mar 2022 at 10:17

I agree with the other posts, just because someone says "cancer", it doesn't mean anything really bad will happen.

Dave

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 21 Mar 2022 at 05:55

Tulip, I wish you and your family all the best.  

User
Posted 21 Mar 2022 at 08:45
I hope the results are what you want. But if they are not - don't panic. Prostate cancer is very treatable, especially if found early. It is not a death sentence. Try to stay calm and take things one day at a time.

best wishes,

Hermit

User
Posted 21 Mar 2022 at 09:42

What is it that you're scared about? That he has prostate cancer? He probably does - about three quarters of men of your dad's age have prostate cancer, and almost all men have it by their 80s. It's a natural part of the ageing process for a man. That he's going to die? Put that thought out of your mind. With a PSA of 11, if he does have prostate cancer it is almost certain to be localised, and localised prostate cancer in many cases requires no treatment, and if it does need treating, the treatment is highly effective. You get treated and you get on with your life.

Stop worrying!

Cheers,

Chris

Edited by member 21 Mar 2022 at 09:46  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 21 Mar 2022 at 10:17

I agree with the other posts, just because someone says "cancer", it doesn't mean anything really bad will happen.

Dave