Error

Dealing with work issues......

User
Posted 21 Mar 2022 at 01:04

Hi,

Edited by member 21 Mar 2022 at 23:46  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 21 Mar 2022 at 09:55
Good heavens! Why isn't he going to see customers? Time to get back to normal I think.
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 21 Mar 2022 at 10:01

Well everything needs handling carefully and notes should be taken, emails are a good way of ensuring everything is documented.

The car aspect of things may be irrelevant, it can be difficult selling company assets and ensuring that a benefit in kind is taxed correctly. As long as they were still making appropriate tax deductions for the ongoing use of the car nothing was done wrong here.

So now you have to decide is he fit to do his job, and if not can any reasonable adjustment be made to accommodate his disability. If the answer to either of these is no then he should either resign or be dismissed.

Of course correct procedure must be followed and your solicitor should be able to look for errors in the process and make a claim for wrongful dismissal if the procedures aren't followed to the letter.

I've just noticed Lyn's post which does get to the heart of the matter. Why can he not resume his normal role? And assuming there is an answer to that, what reasonable adjustment could be made to allow him to continue in his job. I know working from home may be an adjustment but it may not be reasonable from the employers point of view.

Dave

User
Posted 21 Mar 2022 at 10:59
I see that he finished his RT in July 2021 and is still on HT. Research indicates that men on HT are less susceptible to Covid so there is no reason for him not to be going out and doing his job. If HT side effects like fatigue are a problem for him, he could perhaps see clients in the morning and have a short rest in the afternoon but honestly, many men continue to work full time during RT & throughout HT so I do understand his employer's frustration.
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 21 Mar 2022 at 12:13

I worked all way through the radiotherapy at 8.00  work at 9.00 still on hormone therapy but not missed a day throughout think it helped me cope sometimes felt crap but just plod on 🤔