I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Magnesium supplements

User
Posted 21 Mar 2022 at 10:32

I’ve been looking at holistic ways to deal with anxiety that in part comes from being in the club.

I’ve read that magnesium supplements can help anxiety. Are they bad for PCA?

Cheers

edit: I can’t type 🙄

Edited by member 21 Mar 2022 at 12:39  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 22 Mar 2022 at 16:42

Hi PP, hope you are doing ok. A quick internet trawl shows no evidence that magnesium supplements affect prostate cancer but I wouldn’t take that as a definite!
Like many of these areas different research comes up with different answers to the same question.  Sorry I can’t help with this.

Ido4

User
Posted 28 Mar 2022 at 15:11
HI Ian

Cheers for that.

I did some further digging with different search criteria and found that a higher calcium to lower magnesium ratio was a potential factor in PCa.

It is something I am going to look further at and rather than taking pills I am going to look at magnesium rich foods and reduce my dairy intake - bye bye cheese :(

Cheers!

PP

User
Posted 28 Mar 2022 at 16:34

Hi PP,

I’d be interested in your findings. All the best.

Ido4

User
Posted 04 Apr 2022 at 08:16
Morning,

I have been taking Magnesium Glycinate for Atrial Flutter not for Pca although I have that as well!

The only side effect I have found is that they make you very slightly more constipated.

Although they have some benefit to the heart unless it really wants to play up!

That's all I know from personal experience

Blessings,

Snowwy

User
Posted 04 Apr 2022 at 08:38

Hi Pete, there are some decent non dairy cheeses available in the big supermarkets, even found some mature non dairy cheddar. 

User
Posted 04 Apr 2022 at 10:51

Zero actual evidence that reducing dairy reduces PC risk.

Lots of actual evidence that eating processed foods (nothing more processed than fake cheese) is bad for all aspects of health.

Magnesium and calcium come primarily from foods grown or raised on mineral rich soils, in this form they can be easily absorbed by the body. Taking mineral supplements is not an effective substitute for eating lots of healthy, organic vegetables, meats and fruit.

Better to spend your supplement cash on organic food from a variety of locations.

Edited by member 04 Apr 2022 at 10:52  | Reason: Not specified