I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

How tired?

User
Posted 22 Mar 2022 at 09:03

I have just had my first visit to my Oncologist who has said I need to choose between Chemo or Enzalutamide.  I am already on the Zoladex three monthly injection.   He says that Enza has the side effect of making you feel very tired.... but how bad does that get?  does it vary much with different people?  I don't want to be so tired as to become useless - any experience out there?

User
Posted 22 Mar 2022 at 10:09

Hi Chris,

I have been on Enzalutamide for 18 months now (see profile).  First 6 months were really tough, bone pains especially legs and feet with tiredness that meant I needed a nap straight after work around 5pm.  I took the onco's advice and do light/medium weights in the gym 3 times a week and have seen a dramatic improvement.  Little to no pains now and weirdly the more exercise I do the less need I have for a nap.   I have continued working through my treatment but my job is a desk based job and I work from home so its not too strenuous.  My advice would be do as much exercise as you can without overdoing it, listen to your body when in the gym and it will make the side effects more tolerable.

On the days I sit around and do very little my pains are worse and I fall in and out of sleep, especially when I have a Sunday watching Netflix all day.  Now the weather is getting better I will be doing a lot less of this :0)

Hope that helps

Jay