I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Opioid woes

User
Posted 22 Mar 2022 at 19:11

I thought I'd got everything sorted for our holiday starting on Thursday. I'd navigated the vagaries of the Spanish COVID paperwork and arranged our travel insurance. £185 for an annual policy, Europe for the 2 of us. 

Checking the paperwork this morning I noticed that my wife needed to declare some new medication. Pain relief patches prescribed for chronic joint pain. We all know what insurance companies are like. They will use any excuse to avoid  a payout ( not that I intend to make a claim😇) 

So I called InsureWith, went through all the questions, only to be declined a policy😡. My wifes patch is an opioid and that scared them off.  I was referred to AllClear who were delighted to offer me cover at over £400!! I can only assume that InsureWith were worried that my wife might cover herself with patches and get "off her head". At this late stage I didn't have too much time to do any further research so I duly paid up. 

The upside is at least we are sorted for our next 4 holidays ( + any more I can squeeze in) 👍

User
Posted 22 Mar 2022 at 22:58
Bad news , however one quote I was given was £2500 just for a one week cruise …… and the cruise was only £1700.

Can I confirm you were with insurewith or is it insurancewith? I’ve asked this several times on the forum. I just can’t understand why I can’t get insured when others in the G9 club are jetting off everywhere ?

Anyway happy holidays to you both ok

User
Posted 28 Mar 2022 at 22:22
@ChrisJ

Just checked. I was referring to InsuranceWith and not InsureWith.

My bad.......

But on the upside my holiday is going well ( and not a claim in sight)

User
Posted 29 Mar 2022 at 15:07

Hi Chris, just out of interest are you required to declare the patches at customs/security  inorder to avoid some random sniffer dog taking an unhealthy interest?

I'll take a note of Insurancewith when I'm eventually in a position to contemplate a foreign holiday. I've always used Freedom for another preexisting health condition but PCa might be a whole different ballgame.

Chris 

User
Posted 30 Mar 2022 at 21:34
@ChrisB

The patch is a slow release 5mg patch. Its going to take a bloody good dog to sniff that out. Customs dogs are trained to sniff out heroin/cannabis/cocaine/money and cigarettes so Mrs m_m should be safe